ALL ABOUT THE GIANT AND INDIA GIANT SNAKEHEAD

DanDanUK

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 2, 2005
Leeds , England
Taker said:
I prefer the name Giant Snakehead too. Does anyone have a Snakehead? I do not own a Snakehead now, I have had three Giant Snakeheads in my childhood, one jumped out of the tank, glided and fell from my apartment before I could stop it. The rest of the two then grew and ruled the tank, my parents could not handle them for how aggressive and strong they were, no fish survived in the tank, they brutally killed and ate any fish put in there. You could even see blood in the water after they were done feeding. They were still young and were always hungry, my dad had to spend a lot for their food, we fed them Roseyreds everyday.

I tried to put an Oscar which was too large for them to swallow, the Oscar were there for about a few days and one morning, all I saw were my two Giant Snakeheads swimming as if the Oscar was never there. I was dumb founded thinking how did they eat the Oscar which was really big for them, plus their bellies were not swollen. I even tried to see if the Oscar had jumped out but no, no sign, no trace of the Oscar was left.

I was forced to take them away by my parents which was very saddening to me. They were amazing fish, never seen anything like that. I am definitely having them again once I move to AZ. Yes, I have been thinking, are Snakeheads illegal in Arizona too? I believe Snakeheads are not illegal in all states of America like New York.
RAYMAN has a beautie snakehead he's got some video footage of it too check it out in the video gallery !

zhuangsw

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 17, 2005
sandtiger said:
The only thing I don't like about the above photos is the dude holding it out like that. I HATE THAT...makes the fish look that much larger. THe fish is still nice though, not his fault.
how come you say holding the fish like that makes it look bigger? can explain? so how should i hold the fish properly for photo taking?

jenBLKAROWANA

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2005
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
OH MY GAWD!!! I had two of them a LONG time ago...They were only about 10" when We got rid of them...you can read the story in another post...lol...I never imagined they got that big! We got them because we thought snakeheads were cool....Now we know better...Mean suckers!

zhuangsw

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 17, 2005
sandtiger said:
The only thing I don't like about the above photos is the dude holding it out like that. I HATE THAT...makes the fish look that much larger. THe fish is still nice though, not his fault.

Personally I like this fish...
ic, thanks. for explaning. damm look at this pic, look at those teeth the sh has..

Taker

Banned
Aug 6, 2005
Earth
aapl76 said:
wow!!! i love e coloration of this babe....simply steam to the max.... :drool:

No killing Snakeheads! :nono:
:D lol and below is one of my favourite Giant Snakehead pictures, just look at that fierce face...

212258881_2.jpg

Taker

Banned
Aug 6, 2005
Earth
zhuangsw said:
dear bro taker, sorry to hear about your lost for your beloved giant snake heads. well when you get your own house next time, you can try keeping them again. hehe

btw, i love this pic you post. the snake head has AAA grade writen over its body! very cool, wonder if its a symetrical A snake head? haha

Thank you Zhuangsw, I am actually looking forward to having Giant Snakeheads again, I will get two of them. I am moving to Mesa, Pheonix, but I am trying to find out if Snakeheads are prohibited there, they better not be :(. And speaking of the picture, lol Zhuangsw, it's funny I didn't realize until you mentioned it. Very true, I am amazed myself, lol it just looks amazing, I guess you are right it could be a symmetrical 'A' Giant Snakehead :D. It really has AAA grade written over its body, thank you for letting me know, but symmetrical 'A' or 'B', no taunting this Dark Lord, bro. :uhoh:

post-23-1114712244.jpg

Taker

Banned
Aug 6, 2005
Earth
sandtiger said:

Personally I like this fish...

Very true, the fish appears to be bigger than it truly is. But it definitely is big and is one of my favourites, just look at that, it looks amazing, with perfect mass, hard and strong head, those powerful jaws, those razor sharp teeth, with haunting eyes, and that colouration, the colouration on top of its body seems to be in gold colour followed by the pure black stripes and lines and spots, so black until it appears to be on top of its body or the gold colouration and its tail is definitely powerful for an exellent hunting speed followed by its fins for unbelievable control. An amazing hunter.

Taker

Banned
Aug 6, 2005
Earth
DanDanThePiranhaMan said:
RAYMAN has a beautie snakehead he's got some video footage of it too check it out in the video gallery !
Oh yes I watched those two videos, Snakehead vs Feeder Goldfish and Snakehead vs Red Devil. Actually that is the reason how I got here, I was browing this forum called Piranha Fury and was reading threads about the Giant Snakehead and there was this member who posted a link to Rayman's Snakehead videos, I am unsure if he was Rayman himself. I came here to watch it but found out that I could not do it without registering and then found out I needed to make at least 5 posts to be a MFK member which is when I would be able to see pictures and watch the videos. I thought I would just post a thread and this is it and leave MFK after watching the videos but no..I like it here.:D

The videos were great, they were worth watching and they reminded me of the ones I had and I am really looking forward to getting them again, but Rayman's Giant Snakehead really needs a bigger tank. Snakeheads are also sensitive predators, some would become mad and break the glass tank or jump out to explore the environs which is in their nature to do so. But others, would just stay in the tank, growing bigger as the tank grows smaller for them and eventually their body would remain as how it remained in the tank, if it was bended in the tank, it is possible for it to remain in that posture. I have heard that happening. I believe it goes for other animals too, even humans and I believe Rayman obviously wouldn't go that far but still, keeping in such a tank could limit the Snakehead's true ability and nature. Below are some pictures of those who became victims of whom I consider as the T-Rex of the fresh water.

Snakehead_1251_31a.jpg

Snakehead_1251_75a.jpg

cMicropeltesDeadlyBite.jpg

shadobite1.jpg

shadobite3.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store