ALL ABOUT THE GIANT AND INDIA GIANT SNAKEHEAD

Taker

Banned
Aug 6, 2005
Earth
Damn right they do :D . And I have a great news for Snakehead lovers! I have found Helias, Jean-Francois' contact, the FishBase Collaborator of Thailand. He is the master angler that people talk about, you can see his pictures with the Giant Snakeheads especially in the first page and some of the articles posted here are by him. What I am going to do now is contact him and learn more about the most largest and aggressive of all Channa species! the T-Rex of the fresh water! the legendary predator! the one and only! the Giant Snakehead! :D :thumbsup:

And that will be how to identify their sexes as well. I hope I get a reply though:( I will try my best to come with more interesting stories, facts and informations regarding the Channa Micropeltes! and for those who have experiences with this predator, please feel free to share them here, including pictures if you have, it will add a lot more to this thread! and any other informations and articles for our fellow forumers would be very much appreciated! :)

And Rayman, more pictures of your awesome Giant Snakehead here would be amazing! and when the new video comes out, let us know! :headbang2

Taker

Banned
Aug 6, 2005
Earth
Wow I Love these two Giant Snakeheads! they remind me of two vicious T-Rex! look at those eyes, those depressed heads, their shapes , the jaws, the size, and the shape of those bodies and their colours, killing machines they are!

DSC02774.jpg

sgland

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 11, 2005
Singapore
IoStrisciare said:
nice setup for these devils to be...

whats their diet at the moment?
i fed them shrimp, feeder catfish, swordtails and bullfrogs so far.
they bascially will wack anything that moves, they even chase after my remote control if i throw it across the room

sgland

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 11, 2005
Singapore
IoStrisciare said:
Shrimp as in live or dead?

Looks like placing your hand in the water for water change is a big no no :eek:
all alive and kicking.....hand in water is ok but not safe. they are as scare of me as i'm of them. they wouldn't do anything if they realised those fingers are part of me...but accidents can happen when they mistook fingers as something else.

IoStrisciare

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 9, 2005
A Watery Grave
sgland said:
all alive and kicking.....hand in water is ok but not safe. they are as scare of me as i'm of them. they wouldn't do anything if they realised those fingers are part of me...but accidents can happen when they mistook fingers as something else.
safety first dude....

their bite is not something to be trifled with...

stotty

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2005
essex uk
The holder of over 170 IGFA world fishing records, retired medical doctor Martin Arostegui, Coral Gables, Florida USA continues his global journeys for more records. While fishing in Perak Malaysia, Arostegui landed a snakehead (Channa micropeltes) weighing 5.40 kg (11 lb 14 oz) on 20 lb line class. The current line class record is 9 lb 9 oz caught Sept. 10, of last year. Arostegui caught his first record snakehead, at 6 lbs on two lb line class in the southern Florida waters of Margate, Oct. 10, 2004.

Martin Arostegui, a retired doctor, is only the third person to set over 100 world records as an angler.

175b.jpg

vinson lim

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2007
malaysia
yewjin, where the hell u got this pic? haha, if im not mistaken, its frm XIANG LONG aquarium frm SHah Alam right...? i've been there once, u went today...?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store