Alligator Gar

fcamargo6thave

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2008
Jersey City NJ
My alligator Gar is still a baby he is 6 inches long and recently i have noticed that he has his mouth is open almost all the time, I also have a shortnose gar and his mouth is always closed. I dont know what is going on, if anyone has any answer please help me..

Austin

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 7, 2005
pics

phillydog1958

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
interesting . . . i recently purchased a 7 inch florida and his mouth is always closed. i would not worry about your gator gar, as long as he's eating. my florida is still not eating well and i've had him for about 2 weeks. i like the look of your florida swimming with his mouth agape. it makes him look like a true predator.

fcamargo6thave

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2008
Jersey City NJ
phillydog1958;3483266; said:
interesting . . . i recently purchased a 7 inch florida and his mouth is always closed. i would not worry about your gator gar, as long as he's eating. my florida is still not eating well and i've had him for about 2 weeks. i like the look of your florida swimming with his mouth agape. it makes him look like a true predator.

thanks I think he looks cute lol I had the same problem with my gar the only thing he would eat at the beginning was feeders or the food had to be moving lol what are you feeding your gar??

Athulkamath28

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 19, 2018
Hello , i bought 2 spotted gars 3 days ago and yesterday i observed a buble kinda thing on the right eye of one of the gars.
Can anyone tell me what it is ?
Treatment?
And will it get cured ?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store