Am I watching Ich?

It's Me

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 10, 2007
Maryland
Yesterday I was looking in my tank and I saw these little white specks darting around in the water. Right now there are only shrimp in my planted tank as the fish are in the hospital tank. If its ich I don't think it will last without a host. what other possibilities could it be. They are tiny just barley visible.

brianjh

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2007
Baltimore, MD
I am not sure but seems interesting....I dont think you can see ich in the tank with out a host but am not sure...hopefully others will chime in.

It's Me

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 10, 2007
Maryland
Ok So I was sitting at my tank and I saw those specs before, I might have 100+. The difference today is some were twice there size. This led me to believe that they might be baby Red Cherry Shrimp as my females have all been carrying eggs. I see 3 different stages at this point. There are the tiny white specks, white specks with two antennae and a tail picture to the left. Then I see two that look similar but the tail is separate and wider Picture on the right. They are hanging out on the glass. I photoshopped these pics because my camera is not fast enough nor is it capable of taking there pictures. Anyone have any ideas?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store