Amatitlania siquia 'Rio Danli" Female Brood Care

Ekona

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 5, 2020
Are you sure? maybe it's the pic but that doesn't look like the danli hrp?
That is an HRP Rio Danli female according to Ken Davis, from whom I received a pair. That is all I can tell you. According to Ken, these have been line bred from the original collection by Rusty Wessel. That is something like two decades. So perhaps there has been some genetic drift in that time?

newworld

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Dec 14, 2008
chicago
U kno nobody wants to be wrong haha I take back my first statement questioning what you have, those current pics look right on for the Danli fish

Ekona

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 5, 2020
U kno nobody wants to be wrong haha I take back my first statement questioning what you have, those current pics look right on for the Danli fish
Lol. Lot of uncertainty in the world of Amatitlania populations, color morphs, etc. unless the fish is of known province and kept pure. Even in the later instance, the male HRP here is ‘Rio Danli’ - the classic Honduran Red Point - yet doesn’t possess strong red fin colors associated with this population. The blues are quite beautiful and I almost prefer this look. It will be interesting to see if any of the offspring develop the red points.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store