AMAZON FROG BIT

BluePockets

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 19, 2010
Rochester, NY
does anyone have any experience with this plant? i have been looking for a floating plant and i love the way this one looks! id like to know if its easy to care for and lighting requirements. my tank is an open top tank and has trouble maintaining temp. i have it set to 80 and it floats around 77. a glass top wont work because i have driftwood sticking out of the water. also, how far down do the roots hang in the water?

i was wondering if the plant would help in that aspect? also, i might be keeping geo's so it would be easier if i didnt have to worry about uprooting. any advice or other suggestions are welcome!

thanks in advanced!

Sam

Brewster320

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2010
Mass, USA
I have a ton growing in my musk turtle tank. I had it in with my Betta with duckweed and water lettuce but it was severely out competed and almost died off. I tried growing some outside and it did multiply and grow but it turned yellow and looked badly sunburnt. I brought some of it back indoors and put it with my musk turtle and it has now taken over the tank.

The tank is at room temp and the plants are doing fine and all they get for light is two compact fluorescents. Very easy to care for as long as you have some decent light and try to make sure the filter isn't to rough on it.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store