An MFK.com exclusive: Watermarking 101

xander

Manjuari
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2007
Singapore
do add instructions for other programes if you have them, and have fun:)

Steps for watermarking with paint.net

step 1: go to microsoft office & type out your intended watermark. for me it's "© Alexander Eng". highlight the watermark and copy it.

step 2: look for the "layers" tool under "windows". click on the "add layer" function circled in blue in the pic.
watermark with paint.net.jpg

step 3: click on the "properties" option for the new layer.
watermark with paint.net2.jpg

step 4: select "addictive" mode and choose your transparency. 150 is a good center ground, but adjust as you'd like your mark to be. remember, the more inconspicuous the mark, the nicer your pic remains...a watermark that's too strong can grab attention away from your subject.
watermark with paint.net3.jpg

step 5: select the colour of your font. gray works best. white and black will not be visible.
watermark with paint.net4.jpg

step 6: insert words, choose your font & size, then click [clrl + V] (paste). adjust as you deem fit.
watermark with paint.net5.jpg

step 7: compress the 2 layers as shown in the pic.
watermark with paint.net6.jpg

step 8: save image as J-peg file.
watermark with paint.net7.jpg

have fun, looking forward to seeing more of yr pics on mfk!:) also, if you have any recommendations for watermarking with paint.net do let me know and i'll include it in this tutorial.

Steps for cropping with paint.net

for fishncash:p

1: select the mode circled on red in the left

2: select the area you with to crop

3: on the top left there's a function called/for "image". click on that, then click on "crop to selection"

crop.jpg

you can also use microsoft picture manager to crop, or photoshop.

cheers,

xander

FishNCash

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2009
Earth
Good stuffs! where can I find info on cropping?

Madding

The Ninth Holostei
MFK Member
May 11, 2009
New York
Thanks Alex, I've been looking for help with this ever since I got the golden gar. Don't want my pics popping up under someone elses name on another forum. :irked:

Madding

The Ninth Holostei
MFK Member
May 11, 2009
New York
I recommend stickying this.

xander

Manjuari
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2007
Singapore
Madding;4336811; said:
Thanks Alex, I've been looking for help with this ever since I got the golden gar. Don't want my pics popping up under someone elses name on another forum. :irked:
yeah, we wouldn't want that happening now would we...:D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store