And it begins

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
Maybe they need a more space than we think, that's the only thing I can think of cause it does seem like majority pass from bashing into something usually the side walls. I've not read extensively on them in awhile so things aren't as clear in my memory lol

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
Maybe they need a more space than we think, that's the only thing I can think of cause it does seem like majority pass from bashing into something usually the side walls. I've not read extensively on them in awhile so things aren't as clear in my memory lol
I remember being laughed at cause I said my 750 was way too small...... I really think its just a matter of finding rhe "right" tank mates OR have more then enough room. You know enough room where they can dart off without killing themselves. Instead we barely give them enough room to turn around.......

Reactions: moe214

keepinfish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2007
In God We Trust
I remember being laughed at cause I said my 750 was way too small...... I really think its just a matter of finding rhe "right" tank mates OR have more then enough room. You know enough room where they can dart off without killing themselves. Instead we barely give them enough room to turn around.......
i think the right tankmates, and not messing with the tank much are all things that keep them alive! i think a big tank of course is a big thing as well...

on a different note, i have never got babies. i have always got them already broke around 8-10"... i see the sticky we have.
Should i wait to break them until they get some size? i put a piece of fish on a fishing line and lowered it in the tank, and one of mine darted at it and then put on his brakes. should i just start starving and keep at it? or just grow them a bit first?

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
At that size I'd personally feed them to make sure they're eating then begin starving

keepinfish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2007
In God We Trust
Already got these guys eating cut fish... 2 days of starving and no problems. haven't tried tilapia yet but im sure when something hits the water they will eat it.
They are growing pretty quick too. already about 4.5" or so

Reactions: Dloks and Quason778

Dloks

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2011
in a car
Man 4.5 inches and already on cut fish I've tried to starve mine but he's a bit stubborn. Mine currently at 5.5" and he's still only sampled shrimp once or twice but I'm afraid to starve mine for long. keepinfish keepinfish can you post some pics of him n current tank

OnceLoyal

Candiru
MFK Member
May 13, 2008
Around
8-9” starting to hate each other

View attachment 1299542
Sounds about right.

Good luck man. I will be re-joining you on this quest. I may only go with one, but I am taking precautions like sides of tank will be softened up with a foam back ground etc. Not sure of it will help or not. I am excited and thoroughly enjoyed them. Incredible fish.

OnceLoyal

Candiru
MFK Member
May 13, 2008
Around
Thats about the time when mine developed a love/hate relationship.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store