Angel fish, not eating, floats at the surface upside down, tries to swim.

Jgray152

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2006
NH
This morning I did a 50% water change so I am going to see if he will start eating soon

Jgray152

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2006
NH
Another Update.

Its benn a long battle it seems but I think he will be just fine. After the swim bladder infection was gone he tried eating on rare occasions only to spit the food out and not touch the rest for what seemed to be days.

Last night was the first night I saw him eat food and keep it in. He ate probably 5-6 small flake pieces.

I am letting his body heal right now. There was what looked to be excessive body slim on angels sores and I thought I was going to have to deal with a secdonary infection. The slim went away after a couple days and there is now very little white, almost looks like cotton in areas on his sores but they seem to be subsiding as the sore heals. Possibly how his body reacts to open sores?

Overall he is doing really good. Still a little lathargic, eats very slow, swims slow but he is coming back.

Jgray152

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2006
NH
I forgot to say that this morning he was actually at the glass begging for food. He acts a little strange when going to get food, kinda go a little sideways and has little cordination as to where the flake is that he is trying to get. I figure its because he is still in pain and has had zero nutrition throughout this period. I am glad he is eating though and making the attempt. Its been 16 days now and he is now "starting" to eat. The swelling of his belly area has gone down a lot since the treatment.

I am going to do another 50% water change today and clean the bottom as there is left over food.

Now that he is eating, maybe in a couple days I will feed him pees to help clean out his insides.

Jgray152

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2006
NH
Angel continues to eat which is good. He still has a slightly swollen belly area and still moves to the top a little quicker than norm when he propels him self up. So since its been a little while since the last medication cycle, I am starting the same cycle again. For not eaying for 16 days, his belly is to swollen for me to say, "he is healthy". Especially since the tiny sydefects I have picked up on.

jcf

Feeder Fish
Mar 21, 2017
GOOD NEWS!

After 7 Days of medicating, Angle is now swimming in the 10 gallon at any level and no longer floats to the surface.

Seems to have been a bladder infection like I first thought. Although, constipation seemed a very likely cause as well because of the food I fed him and the others around that time.

Still no appetite yet but I think that will soon come. Tomarrow I will do a water change as I want him in the medicated water for another 24-36 hours. After the water change I will add some Stress Coat and start healing his external body tissue/scales and fins. I already have stress coat in the water but I also have meds and a tiny bit of Epsom Salts (1tbsp per 5 gallons)

I will continue to update. This would be the first time I have had a successful bacterial infection recovery.

Angle meant a lot to me since my other one that I had for years died during a power outage in the winter a couple years ago. I found this one at a pet store, whitish-gold just like my previous one for $5. I looked in my wallet, I had 1 $5 bill. It was meant to be. So I have to make sure he comes out of this all well and healthy.
I think I have the same problem with my angelfish. Can I ask what meds you used?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store