Angelfish + Discus + Ornate Bichir

AmazonAngel

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2009
Colorado
I want to put my polypterus ornatipinnis in my 120 gallon tank that has a few geophagus in it and I also wanted to add my large discus and angels. Has anyone had experience with these fish together (expecially with a large ornatipinnis). My ornate is currently 6+". Any advice is appreciated!!

regalt

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2008
Ft Wayne, IN
I don’t think you’ll have any probable’s as long as the geophagus aren’t small enough for the ornate to eat and for the angels and discus they should be fine I don’t see them getting messed with and to odd of a shape to even get eaten by your ornate at least that’s what I think.

AmazonAngel

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2009
Colorado
My discus and angels have been housed together for over a year. They get along perfectly and it appears the discus are more aggressive than the angels because the discus fight occasionally but the angels just chill

AmazonAngel

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2009
Colorado
P.S. What I want is to have them as tankmates for life--Im not worried about them together now but Im concerned when the ornate gets huge he might take a bite and/or kill them

beblondie

In Loving Memory
Mar 31, 2005
chicagoland
The harsh reality is no one knows.Each fish is an indivivual so each has its own temperment the best we can do is use past expirence and that of others and take our best guess of the outcome in theory they should be fine.-Anne

Reactions: Magnus_Bane

AmazonAngel

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2009
Colorado
I know there is no way of knowing for sure ; What I am hoping for is responce from people who have had them together as adults or people who have more experience than me with ornatipinnis. Thanks for input so far!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store