Angelfish in a cup....wal-mart.

amehel0

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2007
Brisbane, Australia
when is the version of rspca in america gonna step in and intervene to stop animal cruelty buy coorperate buisnesses. this has gone on for far to long.

santoury

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 8, 2006
Massachusetts
I hope they don't start a new gig... "Angel in a cup" and DEVIL in a cup (for a red devil/Midas)

God forbid!

Lupin

Viviendo la vida loca!
MFK Member
People who don't research properly deserve a spank.:mad:

milkman407

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2006
in a house
Arowana in a cup
pacu in a cup

.. the only thing that could fit in a cup that size is, Li

jpjn

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2007
FL
Here is the address of Corporate Walmart. PLEASE, email Walmart and let them know how wrong it is for them to sell Angelfish in Betta bowls! Many of the stores are also selling Angelfish in cups! We aren't talking about a goldfish or a betta... but an Angelfish which need a filter to breath! And also can double their size in one week when babies!
Who knows what kind of fish they'll stick in cups nexts! Discus? An Oscar maybe??!

Here's the address:

http://walmartstores.com/GlobalWMStoresWeb/navigate.do?catg=221

And also google the Department of Agriculture for your state and write to them. I know for a fact that they are the ones to also contact.

A few people have not only called their lcal store but spoke in person to the manager of their store about this. The managers promised they'd do something (get the angelfish out of cups and into tanks). BUT.. THEY DIDN'T!

ShadowBass

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2007
Poplar Bluff, MO
That's crazy. I doubt those fish will even live in those cups that long, they're not like bettas they need disolved oxygen in the water :screwy:

Maybe they have some kind of oxygen tablet or something in the water but still, it would eventually run out. There's no way that little plant provides enough oxygen for that fish. Not to mention the amount of waste in the water and stuff, eek.

This is the type of stuff that gives ignorant people the impression that fish can live in tiny enviroments and there's nothing wrong with it. No matter that the fish is probably gonna die within a few days of getting it home if it's not put in a normal cycled tank, and perhaps even if it is.

amehel0

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2007
Brisbane, Australia
they got my "feedback". i wanna go into every store and yell at the managers and give them a pop quiz on fish keepeing. if only i lived in america then i would

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store