Angels...

Dirty Old Man

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2006
Arizona
Thanks for all the advise...now to wait for them to pair off. I'm assuming its pretty obvious when they start pairing off from the larger group...

Oscarboyz

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2006
In the fish section LOL
Angel fish are actually very easy to breed. Start with 8 or 10 little babies grow them in a 30 gallon (thats what I did) until they are about the size of a quarter (bodies only) once they are that size they are ready. Soon you will see 1 or more pairs forming ( swimming together lip locking etc) once you see this divide the tank in half them on one side the rest on the other Put a slate or PVC tube on the pairs side. at a 45 degree angle At this point you can give back the others to the LFS. Once you have done this give the pair the entire tank.Once they are settled in you will notice the female start pecking or cleaning the slate. She is getting ready after 2-3 days of cleaning you will se the female rubbing up against the slate and laying little amber colored eggs. The male will then pass over them and fetilize the eggs. This will go on for about 3-5 hours. once they are done they will fan the eggs to keep oyxgen moving. If you want max survival use and air pump to circulate the water. After 3-5 days the eggs will begin to wiggle they are now considered to be "hatched" after 2 days of wiggling they will be free swimming. They will feed of their yolk sacks for 2-3 days. At this point you should go out and get frozen baby brine shrimp. feed the completely DEFROSTED shrimp to them 2-3 times a day. Once they are large enogh they can eat crushed flakes. Sometimes the pairs are not good parents they may eat the eggs. If so set up a seprate 5-10 gallon tank at 80 degrees F once the eggs are layed take out the slate and place in the tank at the SAME angle with the air bubbles. The same process will occur and you may have a better survivial rate. dont forget to transfer them to a bigger tank and not to stunt their growth

Oscarboyz

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2006
In the fish section LOL
one more thing the fry grow Veryfast with in a week with proper feeding you will see a diffrence.:grinyes:

oscarboy8

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2006
New York
after the eggs hatched they all died but 1 so wat am i doing wrong? i put them in a 30 gallon by themselves and fed them and after a week or so they died..... tell me wat i did wrong

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store