Annual Northwest USA Meet Returns!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WyldFya

Baryancistrus demantoides
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Moscow, ID
Alright, well we now have TWO MODS in the northwest. I will coordinate with our newest staff member JK47, and try to get a date for a meet to happen where both of us can be present.

JK47

Retired MFK Admin
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Washington
WyldFya;4985500; said:
Alright, well we now have TWO MODS in the northwest. I will coordinate with our newest staff member JK47, and try to get a date for a meet to happen where both of us can be present.
:headbang2

I propose we do two. It seems too hard to get everyone from PDX to head up to SEA so lets have a local (Portland) meet at the cichlid exchange and nail down a date and location for the Seattle meet. There are a few of us who would happily carpool to up north and do both meets. (I can fit 7) Like, dislike? :popcorn:

hbluehunter

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 20, 2007
Lynnwood, Wa.
Sounds good to me.. I'd like to try and make the PDX meet also, i've met a couple of the guys down there but i've never hit any of the lfs down there though.

Hey justin now that you're moving up in the world how about talking Li into getting some Geo/Satanopera MFK shirts made up..:headbang2

WyldFya

MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Moscow, ID
hbluehunter;4986884;4986884 said:
Sounds good to me.. I'd like to try and make the PDX meet also, i've met a couple of the guys down there but i've never hit any of the lfs down there though.

Hey justin now that you're moving up in the world how about talking Li into getting some Geo/Satanopera MFK shirts made up..:headbang2
Ever the cichlid fanatic.

JK47

Retired MFK Admin
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Washington
hbluehunter;4986884; said:

OK, I contacted the owner, he is a busy guy but I should hear back hopefully this week with a date that works for him. I'll keep you guys posted. WyldFya, have you gotten any closer to nailing down a Seattle date?

Li is a busy guy, I don't want to bug him about designs unless we bring one to the table. Know any artists? Keith be willing to draw something up? (derail over) feel free to drop me a text or PM Mike.

Dan F

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 10, 2007
Oregon
JK47;4986559; said:
:headbang2

I propose we do two. It seems too hard to get everyone from PDX to head up to SEA so lets have a local (Portland) meet at the cichlid exchange and nail down a date and location for the Seattle meet. There are a few of us who would happily carpool to up north and do both meets. (I can fit 7) Like, dislike? :popcorn:
Right on!

I will definitely do my best to make it to the Portland meet! Seattle would be cool, but with a two-year-old and another due in may I am hard-pressed to get away for more than half a day...

Portland meet! :headbang2

JK47

Retired MFK Admin
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Washington
dmopar74;5006915; said:
im interested in the portland meet too, keep us posted.
Dan F;5006920; said:
Right on!

I will definitely do my best to make it to the Portland meet! Seattle would be cool, but with a two-year-old and another due in may I am hard-pressed to get away for more than half a day...

Portland meet! :headbang2
You got it guys. If the cichlid exchange doesn't work out, lets get a list going of the LFS's we can do a "LFS tour" of (plan B).

For me = Wet Spot, World of Wet Pets, Cayes Tropicals, A to Z pets. (all FW stores)

aclockworkorange

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 24, 2010
Rose City
I honestly wouldn't bother with the Cichlid exchange. It's a bunch of bare bottom tanks with fish that are usually being treated for illness as they are mostly freshly imported from the big suppliers. Not to mention its a constant 80 degrees plus with 100% humidity and no ventilation. The Wet Spot has pretty much every species the Exchange has but with much nicer setups and healthier stock as they've been quarantined and treated already.

WyldFya

MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Moscow, ID
JK47;5006907;5006907 said:
OK, I contacted the owner, he is a busy guy but I should hear back hopefully this week with a date that works for him. I'll keep you guys posted. WyldFya, have you gotten any closer to nailing down a Seattle date?

Li is a busy guy, I don't want to bug him about designs unless we bring one to the table. Know any artists? Keith be willing to draw something up? (derail over) feel free to drop me a text or PM Mike.
Not yet... it will be in the summer sometime. When I do get it set, I'll post it up. I will be bringing lots of MFK decals and postcards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store