Another attempt to I.D. my ray.

M|L

the asian
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2005
MY LITTLE WORLD
www.facebook.com
Does anyone have these and know how big they get?

Is it worth trying to breed it to my humerosa?

Thanks again,
/Kris
why would you cross breed rays? I'm not a hybrid opposing freak, but I believe we should preserve pure strains due to the lack of captive bred rays in the hobby.

female rays mature very slowly, so unless it's already 16 or so inches, you'd have a long time for it to mature.

kody1192

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 22, 2006
Illinois
why would you cross breed rays? I'm not a hybrid opposing freak, but I believe we should preserve pure strains due to the lack of captive bred rays in the hobby.

female rays mature very slowly, so unless it's already 16 or so inches, you'd have a long time for it to mature.
ya lets leave the hybrids to the experts.

Honda12

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2006
Michigan
Nice looking ray whatever it is.

undey

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 16, 2006
Winnipeg Canada
Motoro you say... :eek: anyone want to trade for a female humerosa?

She came from Petland in Winnipeg, Manitoba. I would have to check which importer Kurt used, as he transships from different companies quite regularly.

I know the papers just said "Rare Ray" and it was from the Peru order list. She was the same price as a humerosa or young motoro, so it's not like I paid a mint for her...

Thanks for the information.
/Kris
I wouldn't suggest doing business with PETLAND in Winnipeg. I've seen how they handle their rays and I don't like that they feed them live feeders. Maybe you have already been there but I suggest you check out "Bird Shop and Aquarium" in Winnipeg. It's on Main and Magnus. It's a family run business that has been there for about 30 years and they keep a nice display tank of Motoros (they've hand them a long time). In fact I think they just moved a few of them to the Zoo in Winnipeg. They are widely considered to be the best Fish Store in Winnipeg. Roger and Jennifer are the two people to talk to there. This is where I got my Humerosa and it's really nice to be able to walk in and talk to the people every time you are there and have confidence that they know their stuff. Their prices are far better than Petland too.

Anyway, just my 2 cents. BTW good to see another Winnipeger on here.

l8ter

conchabullosa

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2006
Singapore
Hi, just joined MFK today and I just saw yr picture, looks like the one i have in my pond. Mine is about 16 inches diameter and eats anything.
Always thought mine was a ? Potamotrygon yepezi? These rays are not infrequently found in Singapore fish shops and are fairly cheap. Most sellers indicate that they are hardy rays.

IMAGE_00036.jpg

IMAGE_00042.jpg

JD7.62

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
at the 'Bama Breeze
I believe conchabulloza's rays are motoros like mine.

EDIT: You really cant tell in these pics but the "dots" in the middle of the ray are more of an irregular pattern rather then circles like conchs.

100_5056.JPG

100_5054.JPG

100_5081.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store