another fishroom update

bomber

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 16, 2007
the Office living in the now...
Wow, that is a lot of tanks to maintain. I guess you are married to this hobby as I am lol.

msjinkzd

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2007
pa
knifegill;5004327; said:
My fish basement isn't even 1/10th of that. So cool! What's your most recent flame? Something shrimpy?
Jeez, I don't even know how to answer!! I have been getting more and more interested in all fish under 1". I also have a ton of new invertebrates and have been working alot with south american dwarf cichlids. I still have my oscar and big boy (gar and endli) tank as well. I also am considering starting to breed my snook as his personality is just amazing. I am also working with several species of catfish.

Zeetrain;5004292; said:
Thats awesome. Love the recliner chair.
Thanks!
nomad;5004335; said:
Thank you!

fishyman;5004500; said:
You should try to flood the room to water depth of 3 feet and replace the present furniture with special designed ones that are above water level. Get some monster fishes to swim in the room. Then it becomes a fish room. Just kiddin'. You see, I am also nutz!!

Seriously... u've got a huge collection of tanks... I am envious!!
We had talked about flooding a spare room (about 12'x12') that is not in use that is also in the basement. I think instead, we are going to install a few thousand gallon pond outside. I also have 3x80g breeder bins outside in teh summer so I sort of get my pond experience that way.

BayArea_510;5004526; said:
man you have more tanks then my lfs crazy
I am sort of an LFS as selling and breeding fish is my full time job :D
ninjastar;5004593; said:
Love the Lazy Boy chair xP
Its my place to think. I go downstairs away from my children and just RELAX and all I hear is the bubbles, and all I see is fish I think are really cool.
headbanger_jib;5004695; said:
nice going there Rach
Why thank you!

BIG-G;5006575; said:
nice fish room. Im trying to set something like this up. I am having an issue with humidity. water is condensing on a lot of surfaces. Do you, did you have any humidity problems? How did you solve them? other than a dehumidifier im not sure what to do.
You could consider an air exchanger. Right now, I just have a humidifier hard plumbed to a pump which gets rid of the drained water through my sewer main. Having covers on all the tanks cuts down on a lot. I have not had humidity problems yet, however, I really don't want to. I am considering installing a 12'x20' fish structure in my yard and moving all the tanks there.

cockroach;5006948; said:
I love the way a normal stand will just not do for you. It must be industrial strength. Fantastic btw.
I like to think of it as "industrial chic". LOL

Really, I just wanted something that dimensionally looked proportionate to my eye. With those huge long rows of tanks, I wanted a substantial yet clean rack system. My husband has done an amazing job fabricating exactly what I saw in my mind's eye. He also stepped each row back from teh previous so I have more elbow room in the tanks for netting and also for arranging decor.

bomber;5006955; said:
Wow, that is a lot of tanks to maintain. I guess you are married to this hobby as I am lol.
I do spend about 4-5 hours a day in teh fishroom between maintenance and shipping, often up to 9 hours a day. I love it!

Thanks for all the comments!

bomber

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 16, 2007
the Office living in the now...
Sorry I missed it but what are you breeding and selling?

msjinkzd

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2007
pa
Gosh, right now I am breeding/keeping and/or selling the following:
ameca splendens, roseline barbs, otonciclus, cardinal tetras, snowball shrimp, dwarf shufeldtii crays, knight gobies, betta simplex, dario dario, green hodgarti shrimp, green babaulti shrimp, fancy guppies, black kuhli loaches, pseudomugil conniea, dwarf puffers, sundedanio axelrodi, microdevario nanus, sulawesi malawa shrimp, bumble bee shrimp, akysis sp catfish, wild cac apistos, red platies, synodontis petricolas, wild oscar, amano shrimp, bamboo shrimp, rummynose tetra, eques pencilfish, cwo10 (gold laser cory), pretty tetra, apisto baenschi, apisto tefe blue, apisto orange flash, chilli rasboras, IWB shrimp, dwarf zebra shrimp, CPD's, dario bangledesh, microcrabs, yellow neo caridina, calico bn, abn, bn, lfbn, cherry shrimp, marmokrebs, clown killies, y. cruciatus loaches, zebra nerite, clithion corona nerite, red spot nerite, horned nerite, angels (double black and koi), norman's lampeyes, axolotl, hara jerdoni, meteor minnows, habrosus cories, r. rubescens, p. diffusa, black babaulti shrimp, trop gar, endlis, ornates, delhezi, lf cherry barbs, diamond tetras, black bar endlers, chilli endlers, bumble bee shrimp, furcatas rainbows, ivanstoffii rainbows,

I am sure I have forgotten a lot. If I had to guess at how many fish/inverts I have, it would probably be well over 20,000. I really have no idea.

knifegill

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
Oscar Tummy
You spawning hara jerdoni?

I still don't have the guts to try double black angels. How are you doing so far? I've read that even healthy strains suffer huge fry die-offs due to genetic issues.

msjinkzd

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2007
pa
knifegill;5009728; said:
You spawning hara jerdoni?

I still don't have the guts to try double black angels. How are you doing so far? I've read that even healthy strains suffer huge fry die-offs due to genetic issues.
Notyet with the hara, waiting for them to hit sexual maturity. They came in UBER tiny.

The double blacks are only about quarter sized now but I have high hopes. I got them from a person in my club who has been spawning them so I have, again, high hopes, lol

valderi123;5009805; said:
nice set up
thanks

rurry44;5009819; said:
It's cool when people have more tanks than my lfs. Good job
yea, i clearly have a problem :D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store