Another Plywood Build, for my bass

Bassinkorea

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2008
South Korea
It has started....
I have been planning this build for several weeks and I have been picking all of your MFKing brains during that time.
Here's a few pics so far, and I'll update as I go. Hopefully it'll all be done in a few weeks.

**note - I am not a carpenter :ROFL::ROFL:

These pics show the corner of the room where it will be positioned and the botoom frame under way.

DSC03762.JPG

DSC03765.JPG

DSC03766.JPG

Iffrat

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 8, 2009
Dallas Texas
what kind of skills do you have if your not a carpenter?

lol if i had not build everything from houses to apartment buildings i would be scared out of my mind .. wait . i kinda am scared ... this is a big deal .. i hope your ready and you make a beautiful home for you fish ..

and yea .. whats up with the door .. ? lol ..

Goanna

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2008
Staten Island NY
Actually, seems like it's going to block 2 doors, lol.

Now that's dedication to the hobby. Inconveniencing the navigation of your own home to set up another tank :D.

Bassinkorea

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2008
South Korea
Iffrat;3160614; said:
what kind of skills do you have if your not a carpenter?

lol if i had not build everything from houses to apartment buildings i would be scared out of my mind .. wait . i kinda am scared ... this is a big deal .. i hope your ready and you make a beautiful home for you fish ..

and yea .. whats up with the door .. ? lol ..
I have some skills, I'm what you call a "jack of all trades", which I learnt from my father.

The door you see leads a balcony which has the water supply for the tank maintenance and I can access it from my bedroom. The other door is actually our front window of our 7th floor apartment.

More photos coming soon :)

Bassinkorea

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2008
South Korea
Here's the latest....

It's 8:00pm here in Korea right now, so I've called it a night. Most of the frame work is done. The main uprights are 4x4 and 4x2 making it extremely over built, but with it being in my living room of a 7th floor apartment, I don't want any reasons to have 300+gals in my living room floor, not to mention the wife killing me :eek:

OK, some more photos....and there'll be more again tomorrow :D

DSC03768.JPG

DSC03771.JPG

DSC03772.JPG

DSC03775.JPG

DSC03777.JPG

DSC03781.JPG

DSC03784.JPG

DSC03786.JPG

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
What are the measurements of this tank? Seem a bit large for a 7th floor apartment.

Good job so far.

tthanatoss

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 15, 2009
Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, Canada
Looks great. Seems like pretty good crasftsmanship to me. What are the dimensions and how many gallons? I like how you are building the face at an angle into the room.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store