Any 10"+ monsterfish no cichlids SF Bay, CA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Planteman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2009
Bay Area
No problem, call though they might give you a deal its been there for quite some time and I talked to one of the employees a few weeks ago and they pretty much want it gone. I know the whole unemployed and in high school. I'm in the same boat.

geeimatree

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2008
Davis
TheCanuck, I am planning to put the fish in a 150 gallon tank, but I also have a 300 gallon tank that is available for me to put the fish into if they grow too big. The problem is, that 300 gallon tank is at my friend's, so that is why I would prefer the fish to be small enough to fit into a 150 gallon, but not so small that you can't really see them. And I'm only going to have the fish for a few months and then I will have to give them away before I leave for college, so I am thinking that in those few months the fish will not outgrow the 150.
And now that I think about it, that 2 footer is way too big for my 150.

Planteman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2009
Bay Area
No offense or anything but I don't think that is the greatest idea, unless you have someone dedicated to taking the fish. It's really hard to get rid of these "monster" fish already. A 10+" RTC would do okay for 2-3 months but would need the upgrade to your 300 soon after. I would just stick to what you have especially if your moving out within in the next year.

geeimatree

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2008
Davis
No offense taken and I don't mean to ignore your advise, but I think I am going to go ahead with the RTC because I've always wanted one and never got around to it. I figured I would make a few more memories before I leave.

TheCanuck

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2009
DALLAS TEXAS
well man , first do yourself a favor , find somone that will take you rtc for sure. I say this because of course its best for the fish , and his health but it benifets you becasue i had to pay someone 40$ to take mine. I had no guarentee on his health or home. It crushed me. If you really want a rtc then go for it , but find somone that will take it, in a year that 300 gallon wont be big enough for him alone. If you really wanted one and didnt have anyone to take it just get a tiny one , honestly the tiny ones are so cute but are pigs and they will grow so quick you wont be dissapointed with the entertainment. In 2 months mine grew 6 inches, straight power feeding , until i realized i was dooming the fish :(

geeimatree

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2008
Davis
Thanks for the advise Canuck. I didn't realize they grew 3" per month; I was thinking around at most 2" per month. I don't plan on power feeding, but I can probably still expect a rapid growth rate. Well if anyone knows of a place that has some little RTC's around the SF Bay area, that would be great. I heard Aquatraders has them?

BassinAssassin76

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2009
underverse
EDIT: I know you said SF but I think that the one in King Aquarium really needs a home. He's close to 2 ft. and stuffed in like a 20 gallon tank with a FH.

THATS Straight messed up!!!! I couold imagine that poor fish something needs to be done about that they need to be fined and or have their liscense revoked if that is true

Planteman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2009
Bay Area
BassinAssassin76;3683709; said:
THATS Straight messed up!!!! I couold imagine that poor fish something needs to be done about that they need to be fined and or have their liscense revoked if that is true

It's pretty bad, but not to the extent that they need their license revoked. They have the space for him but are trying to sell him and therefore have him in the only tank suitable for him without changing the entire setup of the store around. It might not even be there anymore. They have 4 gigantic tub ponds in the back and the fish is in perfect health. If they noticed something wrong they would take immediate action. The store was known for being one of the top of the line suppliers for "monster" fish in the area. They had like a 1200 gallon FW they converted to SW recently, but had an araipaima and all other sorts of decent sized fish in there before.

sorry for the derail

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store