Any bird owners out there?

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
plucking is an issue with a board bird, esp smart birds, they are wired to forage, all day long, when they have food taken care of and nothing to do, IE not kept stimulated they have nothing to do but preen, they will become so abscessed with it that they will start pulling there feathers out and in the extreme will start ripping not just there feathers out but pulling there skin off. it can get very bad.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
plucking is hard to stop once its started. constant work with the bird, great diet. and make sure no health reasons for it. grays require a great amount of the owners time. Its the main reason I do not have one. I can do 3 hours a day, I can not do 6 to 8.

Audaxcity

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2018
Canada
I can honestly tell this part of the forum is extremely dead..

But, I wanted to ask my fellow bird owners, do your birds scream at night? I have a green cheek conure who makes the most bizarre noises when all the lights are out and hes covered. I just wanted to see if anyone else has this problem/issue or if I just have a broken bird lol
My balcony turned into the nesting grounds for a breeding colony of feral pigeons at one point. Sometimes at the dead of night they would suddenly all start softly cooing. My bed is by the window, so I can hear it like its right beside me. Its a mixture of creepy and calming.

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
My balcony turned into the nesting grounds for a breeding colony of feral pigeons at one point. Sometimes at the dead of night they would suddenly all start softly cooing. My bed is by the window, so I can hear it like its right beside me. Its a mixture of creepy and calming.
Got a lot here as well, they nest on the roofs, one is mostly white.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
welp, he is a bird and thats what they do.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store