Any bucephalandra growers?

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Are you happy with the size from BucePlant?

I am pleased with the size from PlantFactory for "Giant" and "Wavy Green", but true to the name that "Mini" is too mini to me. There is free shipment for many plants from PlantFactory in US, so price wise, it offers better value.

Many names in BucePlant are made up, as they are likely derived from no more than 3 to 4 species(series). Based on its photos, they range from large leaf (2") to mini leaf (0.2"), color range from dark green, blue to purple, and leaf shape range from elliptical to elongated. There are no 2-3 ft giant, round leaf, light green or gold Buce I am aware of. So size and shape wise, Buce has less variation than Anubias The dark color makes Buce good contrast with Anubias, hide BBA better, but won't stand out in dark corners.
Yeah buce plant names drive me nuts sometimes coz once grown submerged you see a lot look quite similar...

But as for size, im happy with mine so far, the mini buce i use as foreground plants, while the others are forgeground to - middle ground plants...

Only thing left is to get their colors out...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store