Any ideas ???

DanDanUK

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 2, 2005
Leeds , England
Hi Guy's

I have a 14" silver arowana and i had noticed about 2 days ago he had cloudy eyes so i added marine salt to my tank 1 tablespoon per every 2 gallons of water and turned up the temp to about 30*c but it dosen't seem to be clearing up anyone got any ideas ?

I checked all my parameters and they were fine so i can only asume he's dameded his eye's in the tank maybe from the sand ?

fishnutham

Needs More Room!
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2005
Brantford,Ont,canada
if both his eyes are cloudy he probably has a bacterial infection could be internal or something in the water table i've had this happen to two of my fish and cleared it up with a uv sterlizer i would treat him for the internal first

Pout

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2005
Chicago
fishnutham said:
if both his eyes are cloudy he probably has a bacterial infection could be internal or something in the water table i've had this happen to two of my fish and cleared it up with a uv sterlizer i would treat him for the internal first
I agree with a uv sterilizer or even a reverse osmosis would help.

Pout

rweedon

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
pullman washington
Is there any other fish in the tank? If so anyone you have noticed chasing, or harassing him? Often times I have seen fish in tanks that are too small banging into the glass and scratching their eyes in your case more likely someone chasing him into the glass...

rust9000

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2005
Cumbria, UK
rweedon said:
Is there any other fish in the tank? If so anyone you have noticed chasing, or harassing him? Often times I have seen fish in tanks that are too small banging into the glass and scratching their eyes in your case more likely someone chasing him into the glass...
I know Dan has other fish in his tank look at his sig:
1x SILVER AROWANA ------------------------14"
1X ASIAN REDTAIL CATFISH ----------------6"
1X GIANT REDTAIL GOURAMI ---------------7"
2X GOLDEN SEVERUM ----------------------- FEMALE 5.5" MALE 8"
1X TINFOIL BARB -----------------------------6.5"
1X TIGER SHOVEL NOSE CATFISH ---------6.5"
1X ROYAL CLOWN KNIFE FISH -------------11.5"
1x Common Pleco ( Hypostomus plecostomus )---11"

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com