Any notable differences in care between blacks and silvers?

FishRfine

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2007
Clarksville, MD
Gshock;3982823; said:
And you think some dont get lost from it when they are let out? Not to even mention that they are all released permanently once the egg sac is gone.

Well, what would the effects of overwhelming a baby arowana be? I don't have another tank at the moment, which is one of the reasons the fish would be kept alone, I can't quarantine yet.

ctoychik

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
LAOS
www.monsterfishkeepers.com
my suggestion is to use a divider in a big aquarium for a small fish. Easier to feed. Once a week water change works for me. I raised my from a puny black colored black aro to a decent size already = moving soon

PS: my black is housed with motoro so no probs ^^

FishRfine

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2007
Clarksville, MD
ctoychik;3985075; said:
my suggestion is to use a divider in a big aquarium for a small fish. Easier to feed. Once a week water change works for me. I raised my from a puny black colored black aro to a decent size already = moving soon

PS: my black is housed with motoro so no probs ^^

how is this any different from a full 220? The fish is alone, it can still see its surroundings, and water conditions would change at the same pace. Anyways, how would I divide a 220?

marth

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 15, 2007
w MI
I'm wondering if it would get scared being in a big tank by itself, just seems like it would make it a nervous wreck until it got bigger. What if you put it with a few really gentle smaller fish for a while to keep it company until it gets big? I don't know much about arowanas but it seems the reason they grow so well in the huge amounts of river they live in is because there are other fish too.

scriving

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
the cuts
:ROFL:you guys are tripping your fish would be good in the 220 i dont think fish get lonely

ctoychik

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
LAOS
www.monsterfishkeepers.com
FishRfine;3991049; said:
how is this any different from a full 220? The fish is alone, it can still see its surroundings, and water conditions would change at the same pace. Anyways, how would I divide a 220?
True that the fish is by itself but it has to go to the food. I found this especially true if it has to chase food (i.e live food). With floating pellets, if the fish is confined with the pellet nearby then i recon it will consider it more often ^^ (compared to being a situation where the pellet and fish are on the different sides of the big aquarium)

Secondly, in my experience a fish raised alone in a big aquarium is more likely to be unfriendly (but that is just me). When it is in a small space and it see you it has nowhere to swim away to - eventually it gets used to you.

FishRfine

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2007
Clarksville, MD
ctoychik;3995778; said:
True that the fish is by itself but it has to go to the food. I found this especially true if it has to chase food (i.e live food). With floating pellets, if the fish is confined with the pellet nearby then i recon it will consider it more often ^^ (compared to being a situation where the pellet and fish are on the different sides of the big aquarium)

Secondly, in my experience a fish raised alone in a big aquarium is more likely to be unfriendly (but that is just me). When it is in a small space and it see you it has nowhere to swim away to - eventually it gets used to you.

well, without a viable method of dividing it, it makes no difference at all, as there's nothing I can do.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store