any one here with butterfly loaches

Barbs and Barbels

Exodon
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2017
Great little video. I love the dojo loaches, a fish that is illegal in Michigan because some yahoo released some into a creek where they became established. The good news is that was in the 1960s and they have not spread from there.

Both of my manifold tanks have dual powerheads pushing a lot of water. They both have exterior bow filters on the slow end so there is a lot of water movement. Watching the sewellia glide effortlessly through that strong current or moving right into the blast of a powerhead just makes me smile.

Alistair

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2010
India
Lovely video! I am planning to do a manifold tank design too soon. Just have powerheads on one end currently.

Wont having the powerheads low and aimed at a rock help better?

Reactions: FishBeast

Barbs and Barbels

Exodon
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2017
It depends where you want the current. I have mine aimed just above the strata in the sewellia tank so it is good and strong for them but mid tank for my barilius so they can dart around in the current, which they love to do.

FishBeast

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Oct 26, 2016
Northwest Washington
www.youtube.com
It's just the uplift tube of a sponge filter... I have a strong air pump connected to it to provide mechanical and biological filtration. I put a media bad full of purigen on top too (the white felt bag)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store