Any one own a......

Dovii_22

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 23, 2005
San Diego
Anyone own a Steatocranus, commonly known as the blockhead or buffalo cichlid? How much are they? I saw some for 19 bucks, is that too much??

RAYKEYPR

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2006
CAMBRIA, MICHIGAN
check out wet thumb aquatics in new baltimore michigan, i belive they have a site, however it is not on their ad. you can call 1-586-0960
the addriess is 52700 base st. new baltimore, mi. 48047.
they breed awsome chiclids and i belive sell buffalo's for like 8 dollars, of course they are just babies. but give them a try. they will mail them to you, and the prices on food are great also.

Ash

I dum care =]
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 27, 2005
Tampa
Hey also if you need any info on them I believe I just posted it in the Edu. mfk on africans thread at the top! =)

Katuluu

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2006
Minneapolis
$18 isn't a bad price. Keep in mind they will probably be WC adults or sub-adults. They are one of my favorite West Africans, as they have incredibly unique behaviors for cichlids. They are decent community fish but they are very aggressive if they breed, and they are addicted to digging, so keeping them with plants is pretty much out of the question.

Scotty

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2005
George, South Africa
According to my reference book they are from the Congo River which makes them Central rather than Western Africa! :confused: Some geography teaching as if you went looking for them in West Africa you might be disappointed when you weren't able to find them. :naughty: :woot: :clap :headbang2 :thumbsup:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store