Any own one of these tanks?

The Morning

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2018
Looking at possibly picking one of these up. Like the dimensions. Not many reviews out there. Anyone by chance own one? Pros and cons?

AC66659C-F45A-4564-9795-E25B78BE876C.jpeg

Gourami Swami

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2006
NJ
No, but looks very cool! If you get it post some pics. It's probably a cheap Chinese-made brand. I've used many of these cheap Chinese products (including aquatop tanks) in the past with no real problems so far.

The Morning

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2018
Thinking of setting it up as a planted Betta tank. It comes with the faux rock wall already installed. Filter looks pretty small but might be adequate with weekly water changes and low bioload.

The Morning

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2018
I have always read that Bettas require min 5 gall tank. Is this 8 not adequate?
I actually like that this tank is all in one. I am thinking it might be a good first tank for my 8 year old. He can learn basic tank maintenance and fish care.
If a Betta is not optimal what about a school of cardinal tetras or white clouds? Thinking 10 of either and maybe a few shrimp?

adamsfishes

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2016
An 8 could be ok for a betta, but you have no margin for error is such a small water volume. Most people who keep these fish in small tanks see them as disposable, and when they die in a month, they just go to Petsmart and buy another one for $3.99. They should easily live for a few years.

I personally wouldn't keep any fish in less than 20 gallons, but maybe that's just me. Maybe shrimp.

Stanzzzz7

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2015
Uk
I like the design of the tank. Not sure if the plastic plants come with it but I would personally get rid of them.
I think it would make a great shrimp tank. A carpet of java moss covering the bottom and that rock background would really show them off well.
I don't know if you have kept shrimp before but they are very interesting and entertaining creatures to keep.
They have a very low affect on biolode, most are relatively easy to keep and shrimp like the cherry reds will breed easily.
You can watch your colony grow with no real intervention.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store