Any tarantula keepers?

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
I had one temporarily....like for a week. It was my brothers pet and needed a new home.
Now that he is settled again he’s got a collection of different kinds. they are interesting when safely locked up.Haha.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
^Wow!
I've always wanted to try a goliath birdeater.I will have one someday.

Reactions: Rob909 and tlindsey

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
They’re very susceptible to dying while molting. Just make sure to keep the humidity high. That’s how I lost mine.
Thanks for the info.I've read a bit on them back when I was very close to getting one but I don't recall coming across that tidbit.

Reactions: Rob909

Rob909

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2018
Fontana, CA
Thanks for the info.I've read a bit on them back when I was very close to getting one but I don't recall coming across that tidbit.
Now that you mention it, I can’t find any info on it either! Now I really can’t remember where I got that info. May have been word of mouth from the breeder cuz I can’t imagine the info would have been pulled down! Either way, mine died mid molt and it wasn’t as humid as it should have been. Let’s chalk this one up as personal experience more than fact!

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Now that you mention it, I can’t find any info on it either! Now I really can’t remember where I got that info. May have been word of mouth from the breeder cuz I can’t imagine the info would have been pulled down! Either way, mine died mid molt and it wasn’t as humid as it should have been. Let’s chalk this one up as personal experience more than fact!
......hard to argue with personal experience.I actually have an old tarantula book....had it as well as a few other reference books since back before the internet took off.I'll have to dust it off and see if there's a mention of it in there.

Reactions: Rob909
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store