Anybody here killed a fish on purpose?

piranha45

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
kay
ogre said:
I read all these posts about how people have killed their fish and it makes me sad, treatments like freezing, wacking and loping of heads. If you go to any fish supply store you can get a product called finquel, it is used to keep fish calm while shipping, but if you double the recommended dose it kills the fish. Another cheaper and far easier method is to put castor oil in the water, it immediatly knockes the fish out, br sure to put a large dose in otherwise it wakes up later.

These are pain free and easy methods, come on all if we have to kill our beloved pets then lets atleast do it humanly
compassionate response, for an ogre!

nonsense aside, I learned something from that. Thanks for the info.

piranha45

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
kay
DeLgAdO said:
your a dick rayman

wtf you killa 13 in wolf fish for?

idiot, probly was better off alive.
Grow up.

It was used as a perfectly legitimate feeder fish, and to bag on ray for that is as silly as cursing at anyone who's ever fed their oscar guppies.

susankatomerit

Feeder Fish
Jul 18, 2005
Tulsa, OK
ogre said:
I read all these posts about how people have killed their fish and it makes me sad, treatments like freezing, wacking and loping of heads. If you go to any fish supply store you can get a product called finquel, it is used to keep fish calm while shipping, but if you double the recommended dose it kills the fish. Another cheaper and far easier method is to put castor oil in the water, it immediatly knockes the fish out, br sure to put a large dose in otherwise it wakes up later.

These are pain free and easy methods, come on all if we have to kill our beloved pets then lets atleast do it humanly
You can also use clove oil, its like an anestectic and if you use more of it the fish will die a painless death.

sandtiger

Captain Planet
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2005
NY
ogre said:
The problem is that to many people fish are not beloved pets. They are to me and I cannot imagin doing what these people do. The picture of the SH and WF is disturbing...not because its a fish eating another fish but because of the sick minds that enjoy watching it. Aquatic bloodsport and bragging rights this is, not fishkeeping.

I believe Miles said it best...
"Heeeee-yuck!! Look at dem dur Oscars eat and my big red pacuranas are like pirhanas! Heeyuck! Lets buy mo fish ma!"

I see a similer midset here.

redtailfool

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2005
New Jersey
sigh. lets play nice here. All i wanted was to get opinons on how you kill your pets. Not a flaming contest on who is the fiercest , baddest or who is inhumane. Play nice or the sandbox will get closed.

Dargath78

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 7, 2005
I dont understand whats so wrong with watching a piscivore eat another fish? It's interesting! Thats what they do in nature right? Turn on discovery channel and you'll see dolphins pummeling porpoise's to death for fun,lions eating eachothers cubs, chimpansee's hearding monkeys and bashing them to piss for food, etc,etc,etc. People watch this for fun and find it interesting. Many people feed snakes and lizards and frogs cute little furry mice and rats and bunnies and chickens, my buddy fed his boa a guinea pig once. Thats what they were sold for, food for pets and untill it's illegal to do this then there should be no problems with it. Some people eat meat and there are millions of people that find that cruel and disgusting. anyway you get my point, this is a monster fish board and monster fish eat fish. i've gone on too much.

DeLgAdO

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2005
Chula Vista, CA (San Diego)
www.myspace.com
dont get me wrong my friend, its awsome watching big monster fish tear the **** outta feeders i use to feed my fish feeders when i was a kid, when i had a 12'' red eared slider my cousins and neigbors would come over just to watch my turtle slaughter the goldfish. i just dont like it anymore cause:

#1 expensive

#2 high risk of disease contamination

#3 fish become hella aggressive cause they learn to hunt and kill ( Thats why my arows gentle and not a maniac like my dads arow)

#4 not very health to eat, very fatning.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store