anybody know how.....

rasdbo

420man
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2005
near purple indo lake
to start an aquariam club in a school and get it sponsored or get free equipment from manufacturers? i am trying to get one started at my school and would be grateful for any tips. thanks in advance peoples!!!:D :ROFL: :WHOA: :woot: :clap :headbang2 :thumbsup:

TankBuster

" I feel violated "
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2006
Glendora, Ca
2 companiest come to mind. Rena, they seem like a helpful company when it comes to that and get in touch with someone at Tropical Fish Hobbyist magazine. Bet they have a ton of helpful ideas on how to go about that, maybe they can even donate. Usually editors get a ton of free merchandise from companys to advertise for them so maybe they have stuff laying around. They cant sell it so they should be able to donate.

rasdbo

420man
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2005
near purple indo lake
thats a good idea, anybody else? and thanks for the info will tell you how it goes.

messiner

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2005
americas wang
holy hell that is a killer idea. i gotta start one now.

Fishyfan

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2006
CA
theres a marine biology and fish club at my school...

For springfest or some kind of party before spring break, the marine bio club bought about 200 goldfish and set up one of those booths where you throw the ball into the cup and you get a goldfish. Stupid marine bio club shoulda known better than to do that. Well, it was a disaster...kids were going to eat them for a buck, people were shaking their goldfish til it died then they asked for another:mad:. I managed to win one and hes happy at my house...I bet i was the only kid at school that actually provided the goldfish with a proper home

just wanted to say what the fish club at my school was like

rayman45

Team Rayman
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
staten island new york
python usally donates if its worthy

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
Check out the aquarium club and tropical fish society webrings for guidance. These list national and international fish clubs/societies. Quite a few of the larger clubs (like the San Diego Tropical Fish Society) will help new clubs in their start ups with newsletter ideas, bylaw examples, advertising/recruiting, shows, contests, sponsorships, etc.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store