Anyone have issues with rays + F. prochilodus? Experiences?

Pull the beautiful flagtail?

• yes

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • no

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters

aeromast

Exodon
MFK Member
Oct 29, 2010
Maryland
I recently added my 8" Flagtail Prochilodus with my (considerably much larger) motoro + pearl because I got rid of my big panaques due to them leaving wood debris everywhere, and I keep seeing him hovering over/around my rays and it's starting to worry me. Any tips? Should I worry? Forgive the dirty acrylic, you know what it's like my dudes.

lol2.jpg

lol1.jpg

edit: forgot the pearl.

lol3.jpg

Last edited:

CichlaLoverer

Aimara
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2013
Sheboygan WI
I got a 10” flagtail with my Bds and I dont have any trouble with the flagtail sucking on them, my tank is a 360gallon and so I’m happy I don’t have a problem

Reactions: aeromast

stingray keeper

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2013
Canada
Went years no problem until he wouldn’t leave the rays alone and stressed them out bad! I went years disregarding warnings but now I’m the one giving the warnings.

Capt_Rick_Dixie

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2017
Clearwater, FL/ Janesville, WI
I've had a prochilodus in with my bd hybrid for a few months and haven't had any problems (yet). If I were you I would just keep a very close eye on things and pull it at the first sign of nipping/stress.

MariaS

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2015
South Africa
Both my son and I have had flagtails with our rays for about 4 years

My biggest flagtail is over 35cm
Out of all the flagtails we have 1 interesting scenario... 1 of the flagtails if not fed greens, (we use cucumber for clown loaches) he will suck on the rays but.. ONLY brown rays.. weird...
he does not touch the black rays

Other than that, we have never had a problem with them
All our tanks get cucumber or zucchini daily for the clowns and the flagtails nibble on this

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store