Anyone into ice fishing?

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
This season I hope to target perch, brook trout, and burbot maybe even do some sight fishing for the trout. The pond behind my house already had 6-8” of ice. January first can’t come fast enough lol
I’d love to go ice fishing but not sure what you can catch ice fishing in Ohio

Kelly_Aquatics

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2020
If you can catch it in the summer you can probably catch it in the winter. There are also some fish you can pretty much only catch in the winter like burbot, white fish, and Cisco

Reactions: Rtc/tsn

CrazyPhishMan

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2017
Massachusetts
Definitely not!

There's nothing worse for pond hockey!

good luck

Itsadeepbluesea

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2008
We are borderline at this point. It should be thick enough pending the body of water. I did stand on the ice 2 weeks about (with 6" of water under me) and it held but I generally don't go ice fishing unless it's about 6" thick or greater. Hoping to go in a couple of weeks.

Reactions: Kelly_Aquatics

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
Everything lol… walleye/pan fish is big in my area… so is getting baptized by the lake tho ???… ur prob too far south for good ice as im up north and its only every few yrs we get “mediocre” ice. I fish pike yr round open water in rivers. Keep an eye on the papers/news people will b taking the “plunge” pretty often in ohio haha ?. Wish we got real ice here.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store