Status
Not open for further replies.

Rivers2k

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2011
NY
this thread is already moving in a wonderful direction
Yeah I wont be commenting anymore. I didn't realize it was against the rules when I started it (sorry about that). You are right the first page went from target shooting to preppers real quick. Oh well could have been fun. The reason I am not on gun forums anymore is they go from talk about the hobby to preppers to doomsday and politics.

I honestly just wanted to talk about the fun of target shooting.

Lepisosteus platyrhincus

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2008
In the caiman den
It is a blast!! Cant find ammo to do it but I enjoy it. I use old fire extinguishers for fun targets

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
It's kind of a grey area here. Talking about target shooting isn't against the rules per se however these threads more often than not turn into a gun debate, that's when things get closed and infractions, banning ect start getting handed out. I'll leave it opened for now but reserve the right to reverse that decision without notice.

piranhaman00

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2009
Wisconsin
My dad, brother and I will go shooting behind my grandpas farm every once and a while. We actually just did a few weeks ago. We got to shoot a recently built from scratch AR-15 which was tons of fun. My dad is the same way in liking revolvers over semis. Also shoot skeet from just a cheap skeet thrower.

Rivers2k

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2011
NY
Thanks Aquanero. With that go ahead I will comment and ask other to keep it friendly and please lets stay away from politics.

Fire extinguishers are fun targets. We get the dollar store shaving cream cans and put them at a pretty good distance and taking turns plinking them with .22's when you get a hit on them there is no mistaking it.

AR's are allot of fun. I have a Rock River Arms AR-15 that I built from scratch but I take my 22 out more often cause it has a similiar feel and is much cheeper to shoot. I have browning buckmark .22 rifle pistol combo the rifle is a blast to shoot. you can empty a 10 round clip in 10 seconds with decent accuracy. Slow shots I can hit a baseball at 50 yards. I also have a ruger 10/22 well because what american shooter doesn't but I prefer the buckmark rifle.

I used to shoot skeet with my friends but I moved a few hours away and don't have time. I sold off my pump and you eventually like to get an over under for shooting skeet but man those things are expensive.

johnny potatoes

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2010
Dewey
Yes shooting is a lot of fun, as far add targets go cans are great for plinking as they can be shot multiple times. When shooting rifles above .22 caliber try using heads of lettuce or cabbage they explode like you wouldn't believe and the best part is they are bio degradable.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

houie925

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2008
Manteca, California
I occasionally get to the range on my own, far more often for work. Next week I have a three day rifle course for work that should be good for a couple thousand rounds downrange. I wish I could get out more but between the cost, family obligations, and my limited ammo supply/unwillingness to wait at the store for the ammo deliveries I haven't gone to a public range in quite some time.

cnel124

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2013
Bangkok
Yeah I like semis but I think shotguns are my all time favorite, mainly because you can do so much with them.

Rivers2k

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2011
NY
Yes shooting is a lot of fun, as far add targets go cans are great for plinking as they can be shot multiple times. When shooting rifles above .22 caliber try using heads of lettuce or cabbage they explode like you wouldn't believe and the best part is they are bio degradable.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
I like cans cause you don't have to guess if you hit the target or not. If they move you hit it. As far as biodegradable goes I hear melons are wonderful for large caliber. I have not tried anything like that they are to tasty to blow up.

Would love to hear what gear you guys bring.

My favorites in order are

SP101 4.2" - .22lr
SP101 4.2" - .357
SR22P - .22lr
Browning Buckmark Pistol -.22LR
Kimber Target II in .45acp -this is the best gun I have ever shot but just can't get over the cost of shooting it. That is why it is last place

Waiting on my GP100 6" .357 to come in I am sure it will climb to the top of the list.

I try to stick with guns with like ammo cause it starts getting heavy to carry. I stick with .22lr, .38/.357, .233

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store