anyone kept Pimelodus ornatus, the ornate pim catfish?

Experiment397

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2010
Probably the Poly section
ok so its 10 days till i get my pimelodus ornatus(ornate pim catfish):headbang2 and was wonderin if anyone else on here has or is keeping one or more of theese beutiful fish:drool:? and if so do you have any advice for a newbie:D? also if have any great expieriences with them please share!!!:popcorn:

dfritschle

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2010
Evansville, Indiana
Don't know any more than is available on the internet. But, I am working on setting up a 210 gal and this fish is on my list to get. So, if you don't mind telling, where'd you get it and how much?

Experiment397

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2010
i am getting mine at a place called living safari, they are an exotics store near my house. he is 20$ and is about 4 inches

Experiment397

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2010
yup, which is why i am so excited about it!!! as to payaraman ya i wish i could get a jurenese, but i cant find any info on them,or one for sale. as to dfritshcle they are very good at getting shipped(the fish, not living safari) so if you find one for sale online for a good price go ahead and get it. from what i understand they are like in between marbled pim, shovelnose, and pictus

PB2010

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
McKinney, TX
I have two pimelodus ornatus in with a few juvi peacock bass and they are interesting to sa the least. They move across the tank really quick and love fresh pieces of earthworms.

Experiment397

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2010
ok good to know. this one is in with senegal bichirs, giant danios, and other misc fish. he ate a 2 inch senegal bichir a while back when he was a 3.5 inch little monster. im just so stoked about getting him

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store