Anyone seen this FH strain?

sandtiger

Captain Planet
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2005
NY
Neat looking fish but I would not get one...mostly becasue of the price. What they charge for fh is waaaay to much for me. I would rather take a net and catch my own fish. I have no problem with hybrids like CM said, as long as they are sold as hybrids. This fh thing is a fad, it will calm down and when they are all over the place people are gonna look back and say "What the hell was I thinking paying $300.00 for a fish?"

CentralMayhem

MONSTER FISH EATER
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
San Diego, California
i too would rather go catch my fish...99% of the time. but those fish and those patterns can not be found in nature. the price is being paid for someones effort to selectively breed these things. i wouldnt wanna pay 300$ but if i was loaded with cash 300 is nothing. to have that fish in your tank everyday and to be happy with what you paid for is the ultimate goal. if it satisfies your desires then go for it. as long as it is sold as what it is and not passed off as a new species or something than i think it is good for the hobby. it opens up my options a bit more as to what fish i wanna keep. variety is the spice of life

Dan1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2005
COLUMBUS,OHIO
Thats a new strain coming out of thailand called platinum they spelled it wrong on aquabid. Actually I purchased that fish but the sellers were first timers and they couldn't get it together for shipping. They didn't even have a transshipper when I bought it messed with them for over two weeks and still couldn't get it shipped so I backed out of that deal.They were not patpal verified either so it would have cost $40 on top of the fish price and shipping just to wire them the money.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store