Anything wrong with doing 20% WC every other day?

JESTERX626

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 24, 2005
This was just a thought. Is there anything wrong with doing a 20% waterchange every other day? For example, mon,wed,fri? I have a big piece of driftwood and I boiled and soaked as much of it as I could and just put it in my tank. My water has a brown tea dusky color now, so I wanna do frequent water changes to remove as much tannins as I can.

rkc772

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2006
Southern California 91744
i don't see it as a problem.. what will happen is if you also feed a lot your fish will double or even triple there size in no time. i did a 70% Water change every other day before and my Hypselobarbus Jerdoni (2.5x original size) got big fast...now i only do a 70% twice a week. but the water change only applies to my 60 gal not on my 180 gal tank. check my signature for the fish in it. my delhenzi (from 3" to 8") and ornate (from 3" to 10") got the same treatment in a 10 gal tank.. there were 6 of them. and now they are in my 180.. got too big for the 10 gal tank. :D all of them got big in about 4-5 month period... did i just give too much info?

MilitantPotato

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2006
Missouri, USA
Your fish would love you if ya did 20% every two days.
Ontop of doing those changes, buy purigen, it will make quick work of tannin staining.

RadleyMiller

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2006
Delaware
www.myspace.com
MilitantPotato;610533; said:
Your fish would love you if ya did 20% every two days.
Ontop of doing those changes, buy purigen, it will make quick work of tannin staining.

:iagree: I have never had tannins leak into my tank, and I have never boiled the wood and 2 pieces took a week to sink. I just have always had purigen in the tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store