Aquarium through the floor?

Burtess

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 10, 2006
Ontario, Canada
I don't think the danger is that the tank could actually fall through the floor, but that there could be movement or flexing of the floor without proper reinforcement.
Shifting or bowing of the flooring, while not causing the tank to fall through, can cause it to split a seam, crack, or tip over (as Bud8Fan eluded to, kids).

Burt:)

hbluehunter

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 20, 2007
Lynnwood, Wa.
I think we need to mail this to MYTHBUSTERS and let them be the judge !!!!:ROFL:

Dan F

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 10, 2007
Oregon
hbluehunter;1493574; said:
I think we need to mail this to MYTHBUSTERS and let them be the judge !!!!:ROFL:
Awesome idea! They could build bigger and bigger tanks until it DOES crash through! :)

devlyyn

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 9, 2007
United States
oh wow, thats actually a pretty good idea! I'd love to see what it looks like to have hundreds of gallons of water just explode everywhere after falling through a floor!

hbluehunter

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 20, 2007
Lynnwood, Wa.
I've been tring to find out how to post the idea but just keep finding forums.... Anyone that wants to try and send it to them go for it....

oscarluvr

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
TEXAS
Dan Feller;1493623; said:
Awesome idea! They could build bigger and bigger tanks until it DOES crash through! :)
dont put a big tank in trailer house, hee hee, not to get off the subject but is the clackamas river still good for rainbow and steel head:nilly:

Dan F

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 10, 2007
Oregon
oscarluvr;1494027; said:
dont put a big tank in trailer house, hee hee, not to get off the subject but is the clackamas river still good for rainbow and steel head:nilly:
It is! I caught my first steelhead on the Clackamas twenty-some years ago. I don't fish as much as I used to, but there are definitely plenty still out there.

As to trailer homes: You don't like cardboard construction?

Dan F

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 10, 2007
Oregon
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store