Aquascaping - I give up.

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
Go Asian Style. Very easy to decorate, and the focus is on the fish!

ddyerfamily

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 11, 2007
Kentucky
www.youtube.com
more work than cost but............get lots of buckets- buy cheap at dollar store 30 gals or whatever------empty tank........pull tank and
paint back black,then gravel should look allright.
maybe mix in more black/brown to even out white.-overpower white.
big rocks and driftwood

IMO

eatinguppies

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2007
Superior, WI
Im not sure I will be any help with that size of a tank as far as what and where to put anything but I have to say your tank looks awesome! What do you add to your tank for the plants? In my 10 gal. I can definitely notice the difference when I add fertilizer to the water. I have to say though your plants look pretty good as far as I can see in the pic.

GregRM

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2007
Toronto
Thanks for the replies!

What is asian style decorating?

Live plants (although i would love to keep them) will not work with my stocking unfortunately.

P1010006.JPG

P1010003.JPG

P1010002.JPG

P1010005.JPG

Headrush

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2007
Upstate New York
Here's my 90. Lots of wood but I like it this way...might get rid of the rocks altogether. Background is from Drs Foster & Smith web site. Can give you the link if you want it too.

Hope this helps. Good luck w/yours
:headbang2

DSCN1112.JPG

DSCN1128.JPG

GregRM

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2007
Toronto
Thanks for the pictures. I've seen you post them before and I always liked the way your tank is setup.

I found the site that you got the background from. Thanks.

Anyone else with any pictures? Ideas.

I was thinking I might want to get some top cover in there as my O and SDs have been getting skittish as of late. My O is trying to find things he can stick his head under. Think since I changed his background last time he's gotten insecure in his tank.

I never imagined an Oscar could be such a baby. Since I changed that background he's like another fish...

Now I'm going to have to do it to him again. :cry:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store