AquaTerra 3D Backgrounds

Status
Not open for further replies.

bamaorator

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2008
Alabama
I hate to dig up a somewhat old topic but I can't seem to get in touch with anyone about these backgrounds. I'm ready to set up my new 120g and I have some questions and would really like to get one of these but Aquaterra doesn't answer emails or my phone messages. I can't even get anyone from the "authroized dealers" to talk to me. Does anyone know how to contact them?

Danger_Chicken

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 22, 2008
Baltimore
Stay away from Auqascape as an authorized dealer. They charged me for a background and I never got from them. I bought right from notjustfish (aquaterra). It seems most places don't stock the backgrounds so you're jsut dealing with middle man any. Some times it takes Kevin a few days to get back to you so keep trying the backgrounds are worth it.

bamaorator

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2008
Alabama
Yeah, I finally got in touch with Kevin and he was really nice. I still haven't decided what to do. I'm planning for only one oscar in a 120g. I thought it would be nice to hide the plumbing and heater behind the background so the oscar won't be able to attack and break things...but I want to make sure it will have enough room to swim easily. My tank is 24x18x60. Kevin was very helpful and recommended the rainforest (which I'm not crazy about) or the slimline (which I can't hide anything behind). I really like the rock backgrounds though. I'm torn.

bamaorator

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2008
Alabama
I've got my tank up and running. I ended up going with the slimline mesa wall then attaching two modular rocks to it for more 3D effect. Also attached a modular rock to the bottom of the tank. I'm very happy and it was all very easy to install. Here are some pics:

hooked

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2008
Planet Earth
Tank looks fantastic. When I setup my 240 I'm definately going to do something like this. Is there a way to hide the intake/ouput tube behind the background? Also where do you have your heater located? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store