Aquatics and Exotics of Waterloo Iowa

jwitty

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2018
Would like to give a warning to people in NE Iowa area that know about this place. Business is called Aquatics and Exotics of Waterloo. Gave them a review regarding prices were higher than other lfs, and service wasn’t great. Then shortly after was messaged via messenger from the owner that I gave a fake review. Just wanted to let people in the area know about this place. Never have I ever been treated like this from a company.

Fishflyer

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 23, 2018
If I ever go by there I'll be sure to stop in there, I mean not go in...never, ever...ever. :). Thanks for the tip.

An owner could have treated that 2 ways. Responded out of anger, or explained the reasons for his prices--overhead; paying his employees a higher wage, rent--some businesses operating in malls or mini-malls, have to pay exorbitant rent. Higher supplier prices, possibly due to better quality stock.
The owner might have apologized for your experience and urge you to contact him and to come back, promising you a better experience and a substantial discount/coupon/savings on your next purchase.

This type of owner response would go a long way in customer relations, and word of mouth advertising, also in public reviews.

I was treated badly once by the owner of our local independent fish store that I had been a loyal customer of for some years, spending well into four figures there over time.

Briefly, an employee had bagged up several fish for me. I saw a fish I wanted from a tank that had no prices. When I asked the employee, they said the fish in that tank were for sale. The owner was nearby. After the fish was bagged up, the owner approached me and proceeded to reprimand me in front other customers and staff, saying that the fish in that tank were not for sale. I apologized, stating that I didn't know the fish in that tank were not for sale.
I had intended to buy more fish--a substantially priced fish, but I paid for my purchases and left in numb shock and felt bad the rest of the day.
I vowed never to go there again. I called and spoke to the manager the next day, (she had not been present). She apologized on behalf of the business. She said that he would get that way when he was having a bad day. Well, I was always respectful and polite to him.

After awhile I went back in to the fish store. The owner happened to be cashier when I was paying for my purchases. While he did not apologize, he was extremely pleasant to me, and gave me a substantial discount on my purchase, stating because I was such a loyal, frequent customer.

I am sorry you were treated badly J. It can wreck a person's day.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store