Aqueon pro heaters question

Pond9

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2017
Is it ok to change the position from vertical to Horizontal on heaters that have been running for a year or two? Might sound like a strange question but I thought I remembered reading heaters go bad after changing position after so long. Not sure but I’d like to move them to a horizontal position if there’s no worries. Thanks

dr exum

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2007
Northwest
i have mine - (fluval) both ways

my finex are horizontal in sumps -

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Heaters tend to 'go bad' whichever damn way you have them, they can be a right pain. So my philosophy now is, secure them where you want them, and then don't mess with them!

I don't have mine fully submerged either. I'm paranoid about water seeping in the top seal over time. So I secure mine as upright as possible with the tops just above the surface. Another added benefit of this is that the tops remain slime free so if you need to adjust them the twiddly knob thing is easy to turn. This has been working very well for me so far, no heater problems for a long while now.

Rocksor

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2011
San Diego
I've had heaters last longer in the up position with the seal on top slightly stick out of the water. The time when I had put the heaters fully submerged and horizontal is the time that both heaters failed within 3 years. These were eheims.

Pond9

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2017
I’m gonna keep them upright. I figured it was a bad idea glad I asked on here first. Next batch of heaters I buy ill try the keeping dial above water line makes sense to me.

Reactions: FreshyFresh
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store