Are micro-chipped/certified Asian arowanas OK in the US?

jwh

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2015
south ****holia
Can't speak for the US as I don't live there. Here we see higher quality Asian aro's microchipped with a cites certificate, they are considered endangered and their trade is controlled. I think the lower graded aro's just come in with only a certificate. There are no restrictions on silvers.

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
EVERY asian arowana ad in the US is BOGUS. I don't care if any seller states these aros come with CITES certification, are chipped, Come with a certificate of authenticity, or have an authorization declaration from the Pope. EVERY live asian arowana is ILLEGAL to possess, sell, trade, or transport within the USA and it's territories.

This is nearly a weekly topic. Believe me when I tell you that; should asian aros ever become legal in the US, MFK will post full-page flashing banner announcements about it. Until then, ...EVERY live aro ad in the USA is a scam or a sting.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Deedsta,did you see actual fish for sale or did you see some ads?

Deedsta

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2015
arlington tx
EVERY asian arowana ad in the US is BOGUS. I don't care if any seller states these aros come with CITES certification, are chipped, Come with a certificate of authenticity, or have an authorization declaration from the Pope. EVERY live asian arowana is ILLEGAL to possess, sell, trade, or transport within the USA and it's territories.

This is nearly a weekly topic. Believe me when I tell you that; should asian aros ever become legal in the US, MFK will post full-page flashing banner announcements about it. Until then, ...EVERY live aro ad in the USA is a scam or a sting.
He also said he ships them with a city permit

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
He sent me pics of actual fish in stock
How do I know if it's fake?
Because if he really has them he knows that they are illegal and would not risk getting caught shipping any of them to you.Now,he can show you pphotos of anything he wants to but that does not mean that he actually has what is in the photos.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I've read that it's legal to own one if you have a permit.
Incorrect,there is no permit that will be issued.
I suggest you read the information in the stickies at the top of the main page of the arowana subforum.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store