Are micro-chipped/certified Asian arowanas OK in the US?

Dee eng

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2015
Cambodia
We all wonder why, since most if not all of these aro's now are being farmed and not WC. So whats the deal!? I say it's bullsh1t! Or my kids would say, (it's not Fairrrrr)! But that doesn't stop a lot of peps from getting um..in the U.S.

Reactions: Monster626

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
If they are illegal in US why do public aquarium have them?
The few public aquariums that have them are the only exceptions....why and how that is is between those organizations and the government agencies that maintain the legal status of the fish.They are off limits to hobbyists.

UnstoppableJayD

MFK NNJ
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2012
Northern NJ
Do you want the answer or to argue? I am telling you the deal- lots of animals are illegal/endangered but are kept in public zoos and aquariums- doesn't mean you or I can have them. Is the law realistic with the fact that they are farmed and chipped etc - that is someone's opinion but it does not change the law.

haxalot

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2016
Illegal to bring into western australia where I'm at, but according to my lfs if they're already in then it's apparently ok, you just cannot sell it. I find it odd.

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
Illegal to bring into western australia where I'm at, but according to my lfs if they're already in then it's apparently ok, you just cannot sell it. I find it odd.
Your area has approved grandfathering in all asian aros already in the country before the ban. The US didn't allow for a grandfather-clause.

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
A public aquarium recognized as a bonafide research institution can get a very expensive and federally inspected research license to keep asian aros. Hobbyists are not afforded the same opportunity.

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
He sent me pics of actual fish in stock
How do I know if it's fake?
Post the pics. Other so-called pics have been tracked down as stolen pics from the internet. The last scam offer included pics of aros stolen from a farm competition in Japan. The scammer was traced to Nigeria.

• Wow
Reactions: Matteus
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store