Are micro-chipped/certified Asian arowanas OK in the US?

Anhcali2018

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 4, 2019
I found a bunch of asian chipped arowana on the google, especially the guy named “cheng thanh” if I remember correctly, know it illegal and what he say is not correct, but i wonder how he keep selling his asian arowana since 2012 on google and you tube.

tbh it's a pretty obscure law. You've got to figure that if you asked any 100 random people 99 of them wouldn't know the difference between a poly and a stingray, much less be able to easily tell, on sight, the difference between an asian aro and a jardini.

Nobody really cares about the aquarium hobby except the people who are in it you know.

Reactions: jaws7777

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
I found a bunch of asian chipped arowana on the google, especially the guy named “cheng thanh” if I remember correctly, know it illegal and what he say is not correct, but i wonder how he keep selling his asian arowana since 2012 on google and you tube.
You have no way of knowing if those Aros are really chipped (and CITES registered) -- and the guy (if in USA) likely isn't selling anything since 2012, just ripping people off. There are even more such scams on Facebook, they just keep changing their names and pages.

komodozman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2021
EVERY asian arowana ad in the US is BOGUS. I don't care if any seller states these aros come with CITES certification, are chipped, Come with a certificate of authenticity, or have an authorization declaration from the Pope. EVERY live asian arowana is ILLEGAL to possess, sell, trade, or transport within the USA and it's territories.

This is nearly a weekly topic. Believe me when I tell you that; should asian aros ever become legal in the US, MFK will post full-page flashing banner announcements about it. Until then, ...EVERY live aro ad in the USA is a scam or a sting.
Scleropages formosus / Asian Arowana is endangered (IUCN) so then I think prohibit to enter US.
but why Asian Forest Tortoise ( Manouria emys ) shown cared by some keeper in Florida altough critically endangered species (IUCN) ?

Marximus

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2021
www.youtube.com
im not sure but my friend had one a few years ago and he bought it with a certificate in a Chinese shop in Jamaica/Queens, NY..i guess its a blackmarket trader.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store