Are my discus getting enough to eat

jkruger83

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 24, 2006
Ambler, PA
I feed them 2-3 times daily but everytime i walk up to my tank my discus come out like they are hungry. I put more food in but they just kind of ignore it after they have been fed allready that day even though they seem hungry. also is the stomach right above the anus on these fish. Ie what should the abdomen look like. I know with my cichlids if they arent fed or are hungry the abdomen looks like it is concave. I cant really tell with the discus though. Any pointers, and how to get em to eat dry foods? THANKS

RedestWing

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2006
Canton,michigan
2 - 3 times a day should be enuff depending on the size of your fish. when I had Juvi's I fed 5 times a day. As for them coming out when you come to the tank, that is normal. Mine ALWAYS did that.... they always acted like I never fed them and would go crazy if they seen the freezer open up :D If you have lil Juvi's give it time.... they will have fat lil bellies as long as they keep feeding like you are :thumbsup: For the Dry food, I starved mine for 2 Days and they finally began to eat it.... or you could slowly introduce it with what ever you feed them now. That worked for me!

TheMightyOscar

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2006
New York
if they are each getting enough food, then 2-3 times is enough, if you dont do this already, use small amounts untill each fish has had enough

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store