Are these plants still worth it?

fishguy1978

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2020
Washington
No, it won't kill the plant to remove them at a later date. I have removed plants that were attached to rocks/wood for years with no issues.

Reactions: Magnus_Bane

tanharold

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2011
Philippines
Then i better start getting these guys! Ill give you guys an update!

Reactions: Magnus_Bane

tanharold

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2011
Philippines
Btw! The pH of my tank is 8.2. ive read that they prefer 7 to 7.8 something like that? Have you guys had any experience with this?

tanharold

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2011
Philippines
Here guys tell me what are your thoughts IMG_20200604_160739.jpg

Reactions: tlindsey

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
Here guys tell me what are your thoughts View attachment 1420569
I'd take them if the price is right. Anubias doesn't need alot of light in fact high light will cause algae to grow on the leaves. That's not good. They don't need substrate. If you attach it to rock or wood the roots will eventually attach to the item and will need to be broken off to get the plant off the item. I would get something you are not worried about loosing if you decide to sell them in the future. It's better for the plant if it's anchored down to something. I like using little pieces of lava rock and a little super glue.

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I'd take them if the price is right. Anubias doesn't need alot of light in fact high light will cause algae to grow on the leaves. That's not good. They don't need substrate. If you attach it to rock or wood the roots will eventually attach to the item and will need to be broken off to get the plant off the item. I would get something you are not worried about loosing if you decide to sell them in the future. It's better for the plant if it's anchored down to something. I like using little pieces of lava rock and a little super glue.
+1

Raka

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2019
I can easily sell anubis this size in my local club for about $12 attached to a small stone.

Slow grower but I have grown them under as little as a 3w led from a Top Fin starter kit.

Just keep that rhizome exposed and they will thrive.

My oldest ones started at this size about 4 years ago and 2 of them almost fill a 20h now, they probably would fill it if I hadn't propagated off them as well.

Reactions: tlindsey and deeda
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store