colorado
Yep those are lents Great find $11 each is a steal

They will get around 14''-16'' in captivity some males can get close to 18''

Eric99

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh, Pa
My Rays and Pikes were in a 30 gallon tank with no problems at all. The sump has 40 pounds of Eco Complete gravel which has live bacteria out of the bag and for good measure I dumped a whole bottle of Stress Zyme (16 oz) in the tank and sump. My Nitrites and Nitrates are currently at zero for each of them. Im exicited-I have been working on the stand, canopy, resealing the tank and the sump off and on for about 3 months now!

ShadowStryder

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2007
Nunya
Eric99;2485524; said:
My Rays and Pikes were in a 30 gallon tank with no problems at all. The sump has 40 pounds of Eco Complete gravel which has live bacteria out of the bag and for good measure I dumped a whole bottle of Stress Zyme (16 oz) in the tank and sump. My Nitrites and Nitrates are currently at zero for each of them. Im exicited-I have been working on the stand, canopy, resealing the tank and the sump off and on for about 3 months now!
You still need to keep an eye on the water params as the tank is still gonna go through a cycle in which your ammonia then nitrites are gonna increase and then spike very high then drop dramatically. In this time frame is when it can kill/or cause organ damage which your rays may not not recover. Ammonia/nitrites can be toxic for rays.

I have been considering putting my new rays in with a pair of marmorata but have been hesitant for fear of them stressing them out. Still might I think it would make for a nice set up with some rays and pkes.

Eric99

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh, Pa
I will be testing the water probably 2 times a day for a while. I know all about that spiking-I had a similar problem when I set up my 75 gallon a couple years back so I made sure that I went all out on this setup. Its my first experience with a wet/dry. I built one hell of a nice one too. Check it out in the diy section.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store