Armatus Tank

vamptrev

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2007
Chesterfield MI
DB junkie;1852372; said:
It'de be alright for a while but I wouldn't house it in there for life.....

They really seem to like to dart around.....

Like I said mine was right around a foot when murdered and it was pacing the 6 footer it was in pretty hard..... Charging back and forth....

I'de say you'de be alright up to about a foot and a half....or a year to a year and a half.
darting around???? sounds like something was wrong with the water....

thats what tells me something is wrong, when my armatus starts that crap

JD7.62

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
at the 'Bama Breeze
IME experience armatus are NOT darty fish and dont spook easily, I thnk an 8x3 would easily last until the fish is 24" and Id say with proper care the would be around 24 months.

Mine grew from 4"-12" in three months and I expect is around 17" now. I sold him at 12" in size and he was just fine in my standard 125, NEVER hitting the glass...well unless he was trying to kill me! :grinno:

Armatus are great fish to own, MUCH better then hydrocynus species IMO/E.

vamptrev

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2007
Chesterfield MI
JD7.62;1853204; said:
IME experience armatus are NOT darty fish and dont spook easily, I thnk an 8x3 would easily last until the fish is 24" and Id say with proper care the would be around 24 months.

Mine grew from 4"-12" in three months and I expect is around 17" now. I sold him at 12" in size and he was just fine in my standard 125, NEVER hitting the glass...well unless he was trying to kill me! :grinno:

Armatus are great fish to own, MUCH better then hydrocynus species IMO/E.
he said 30 inches wide not 36. it would last a while. but ur right a 36 inch wide would last longer

BigJ

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2008
Ohio
vamptrev;1853452; said:
he said 30 inches wide not 36. it would last a while. but ur right a 36 inch wide would last longer
You have a pm!!:naughty:

channarox

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2007
south east asia
i'd get a huge tank before thinking about getting one.
min. 4 feet wide in my opinion with a 8 foot length.
but they arent as skttish as other hydrolycus.

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
vamptrev;1852672; said:
darting around???? sounds like something was wrong with the water....

thats what tells me something is wrong, when my armatus starts that crap
So mine is the only one that liked to take off from one end of the tank and swim quickly to the other end?

This whole time I thought it was just happy to see me and enjoyed chasing the other fish. Kinda thought this was his way of beggin for food since I purposely always dropped food in on the oposite side of the tank.

JD7.62

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
at the 'Bama Breeze
Mine never darted. He just cooly patrolled his tank.

When I think about it, if an armatus could, hed wear a leather jacket, ride a Harly, and punch babies for fun!

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
JD7.62;1855055; said:
Mine never darted. He just cooly patrolled his tank.
Mine may not have been "cool" when he was alive but he's definetly cool now......errr cold that is.... ICE cold.

:irked::irked::irked:

Mine was definetly different......many things were way different with mine than with everyone else's... Food, tankmate tolerant, temperment........

Was fun while it lasted..... It's times like these that make me want to pull the plug and drain my desire to have any fish. :(

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store