Armatus update

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Nice payara. Not to mess up ur thread. Sure it’s armatus? Adipose fin and tail seem to have the same color.

Dovii kid

Aimara
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2006
Connecticut
Beautiful fish! I’m fairly certain that it’s an armie :)
Thanks. I enjoy this guy, hoping he continues to be a model citizen. So far so good.

I also still lean that it's an armatus as well. I can certainly see where it's in question as the tail does seem to match the adipose in the pics.

Bvtrinh

Exodon
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2019
Hello, I was wondering if you trained him to eat pellets? If so, how did you do it?

Also, is he mostly horizontal or is his head titled down sometimes? I have one that looks like yours but he swims mostly with his head tilted down which led me to believe that he was not an armatus.

Dovii kid

Aimara
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2006
Connecticut
Hello, I was wondering if you trained him to eat pellets? If so, how did you do it?

Also, is he mostly horizontal or is his head titled down sometimes? I have one that looks like yours but he swims mostly with his head tilted down which led me to believe that he was not an armatus.
Swims horizontal all the time. When young did exhibit the head down position at times.

In regard to prepared foods. I basically starved until he caved. He first took cut tilapia and shrimp. Then another starvation period to get to floating pellets. Didn't take more than a week both times.

Dovii kid

Aimara
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2006
Connecticut
thank you! Seems mine is a little more stubborn.
Could be. As mentioned, mine likes to eat. He was mouthing but tilapia and pellets on day 1 of introduction. Although he would spit them out he eventually came around,

Good luck with yours. Put some pics up sometime!

fishtankphil

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 24, 2014
USA
Thanks. I enjoy this guy, hoping he continues to be a model citizen. So far so good.

I also still lean that it's an armatus as well. I can certainly see where it's in question as the tail does seem to match the adipose in the pics.
Most definitely is an army..the tail fin gives it away also. It's bigger then a tats tail is..

Reactions: Dovii kid
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store