Armatus

marmot

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2007
Ohio
I also recieved mine, and have nothing but rave reviews.

They are definitely armatus, and they came in perfect and healthy. The larger one is already starting to do the snapping jaws/yawn customary to both of my big armatus, and the smaller one is about to shed a tusk, and I can see a replacement flipping up into position already.

I also am having a bit of trouble trying to find small enough guppy babies, but I have some extremely small minnows in there now, and both of the armatus made a pass at some of them, but backed off. I'm not worried; they'll eat them.

DB Junkie has been posting a lot of "comparisons"/trash but the fish I bought from aquascape definitely look more like armatus than the others I have seen. Well worth what I paid for them.

Thanks Aquascape/Pedro.

BOTR

Candiru
MFK Member
May 5, 2006
Just bought 2, looking forward to Tuesday! You guys think a few 3-4 inch VATF's would harrass these guys too much at this size?

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
marmot;1943498; said:
DB Junkie has been posting a lot of "comparisons"/trash but the fish I bought from aquascape definitely look more like armatus than the others I have seen. Well worth what I paid for them.

Thanks Aquascape/Pedro.
I made a simple coment about price difference. AND also appologized for it. I NEVER said that $150 dollars is not a great price for Armatus. I NEVER said that gambling on "could bes" is a better idea than ordering the 100% real thing. I'll be glad to clear up any of my other "trash" if you would like........if I knew what it was.

John Rambo

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2007
Zagama Beach
BOTR;1943603; said:
Just bought 2, looking forward to Tuesday! You guys think a few 3-4 inch VATF's would harrass these guys too much at this size?
I have those two fish together and its not an issue for now, but my atf is only 2.5" max.

BOTR

Candiru
MFK Member
May 5, 2006
Sounds good. I'll give it a try, just keep the tank loaded with minnows as well. This is a 450g so Im hoping they will all have their space for awhile at least.

AquaScape

Peacock Bass
Community Vendor
MFK Member
BOTR;1944026; said:
Sounds good. I'll give it a try, just keep the tank loaded with minnows as well. This is a 450g so Im hoping they will all have their space for awhile at least.
Actually i would put them in a smaller tank for now. When they first came in i put all of them in a 125 gal. I noticed that the smaller ones would hide in the plants and wait until a feeder came by before going at them. Within 2 days i noticed they were getting thinner and thinner (not getting food). I decided to put them in a 10 gallon and within a week actually less they grew to the same size as the big ones. I recommend you put them in a smaller size tank so they can catch there food easier and once they put on some size transfer them to the bigger tank.
Pedro

BOTR

Candiru
MFK Member
May 5, 2006
That would be fine too, I have a system in place for divideing the large tank with egg crate, so thats a possibility.

Hey, I sent an email to you through the store about adding a Fei Feng if you have any in stock. Any luck?

Thanks,
Chris

AquaScape

Peacock Bass
Community Vendor
MFK Member
BOTR;1944434; said:
That would be fine too, I have a system in place for divideing the large tank with egg crate, so thats a possibility.

Hey, I sent an email to you through the store about adding a Fei Feng if you have any in stock. Any luck?

Thanks,
Chris
Fei Feng? as in Flag tail Prochilodus? I have one at 1.5"-2" my personal fish, cute little bugger came in with the caribe piranha.
Egg crate might not be the best thing since the guppies can go through them.
Pedro

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store