aro dark spot

KurseD

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 16, 2005
the rock...671!!!
i've always wondered why certian fish, espeically asian aro's, have a dark area on the upper part of their body? does it have something to do with them always swimming on the surface? or is it genetic? makes them look alot bigger for some reason.

Gamble

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 6, 2005
well, not all of em have this dark strap that you talk about, like the crossbacks and reds, hell, even the greens and i.5 reds(grade2) have clear backs when they mature, the only one that really exibits this chracteristic would be the red tail gold, or rtg as most people would call em..a "classic" rtg would have gold only appear till the 4th level of it's scales and the 5th and 6th would be totally dark, tanning would however cause it to be darker :evil_lol:

KurseD

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 16, 2005
the rock...671!!!
okay, so there no chance of my silver ever getting it, huh? oh well. thanks for the info.when you say tanning, do you mean from the aquarium lighting?

DiXoN

English MFKer
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2004
Sunderland, England
KurseD said:
okay, so there no chance of my silver ever getting it, huh? oh well. thanks for the info.when you say tanning, do you mean from the aquarium lighting?

i have seen silvers with this i thnk KOD had a silver with a dark back.
i want to tan the back of my RTG but will wait a while as it is starting to show some 5th level shine and i dont want to stop that.
dixon

mcblack

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 30, 2005
singapore
if you want to achieve this, tanning your silver aro to direct sunlight, also will improve the shine of your aro

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store