Aro in ponds

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
wazza said:
am interested in putting my 18in silver in 5000lt pond with the koi but dont want to loose him with jumping
Welcome to MFK Wazza, I don't know if I would risk an aro outdoors because even an 18" fish is subject to predation or theft, an aquaintance had several large mirror carp stolen from her small pond a couple years ago and another had koi poisoned when someone dumped bubble bath in his pond. If that isn't a problem then you can reduce the risk of losses due to fish jumping out by using an inground pond and having the ground gently slope towards the pond for several feet around it.

bluedempsey

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2005
Monster's r us
this past weekend i went to do a pond cleaning
i don't know why it was very clean but anyway.... that was the first thing i pictured
it was a huge indoor pond nothing in it strickly for look :(

FlammingWoodChuck

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 14, 2005
California
A few questions. 1. If i put and inground pond could i build like a wall kinda like the side of a spa(jacuzzi)??? and if so how tall would it have to be to keep my Aro in???? I have many cool ideas but some are kinda not makeable. This one is but expensive. Get an above ground pond and put like a huge Glass, acrylic, or whatever from pond to the roof and put like a box to stick your head in to look and feed and all that.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store