Arowana and his reflection

Christina365!

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2019
Hey folks. I’ve got a silver arowana. About 2 feet in size in an 8ft tank 265g. He has been attacking his reflection a lot lately. I wonder is it because there isn’t as much algae build up and he sees himself? This is new. I just want to make sure he isn’t stressed out. He is eating. But when he gets to this specific corner he attacks his reflection

Droptopwop

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Apr 16, 2018
London, ON
My silver does the same thing he is not at that size yet but goes to one side of the tank and goes nuts biting and shaking. Do you run a light on your tank ?

Reactions: tlindsey

Christina365!

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2019
I run a light only during the day and then close it at night all night. I just hope it’s not an indication of the tank being too small caaaauuuussseeee the tank is already huge. He has had a “panic” attack where he was startled for no reason at all and started to go crazy jumping up and slicing off a few of his scales. He’s been good since but has increasingly attacked his reflection. I’m trying to post a video but says the uploaded file does not have an allowed extension ‍♀♀

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
I run a light only during the day and then close it at night all night. I just hope it’s not an indication of the tank being too small caaaauuuussseeee the tank is already huge. He has had a “panic” attack where he was startled for no reason at all and started to go crazy jumping up and slicing off a few of his scales. He’s been good since but has increasingly attacked his reflection. I’m trying to post a video but says the uploaded file does not have an allowed extension ‍♀♀
What format (extension) is your video currently in?

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
I dunno what that means ... I’m using my iPhone
I use Android so perhaps another could help better with any Iphone video issue. Also, I might be wrong, but I think the system doesn't allow longer/heavier videos to be uploaded directly to the site -- best to first upload your video to YouTube or Vimeo, etc. -- then share the link via the Insert [Media] button (located in between the smiley face and the camera icons in little menu above each post).

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store